Formerly (전에)

"It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor-"

Nari groaned, "Ugh, why does it have to take this long?" She yawned and hung upside down on her bed, "Couldn't the editor have cut just a little more out?"

"That's the whole point," Suga exasperatedly sighed, tired of having the same conversation every week, "Lovely, it's supposed to be confusing. If Catch-22 makes sense to you, then you're not reading it right."

"If you insist, Shu-ger." The girl replied defeatededly, "Go ahead then."

He continued to read, "Blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice-"

Suddenly, the door to the room slammed open to reveal a messy Namjoon in sweatpants. Nari grinned and waved, "Hey! I thought you went to bed?"

"Namjoon, do you mind?" Suga exclaimed, not even trying to hide the annoyance in his voice, "I'm trying to read here."

However, the words rolled off the younger boy's ears as he chuckled and sat at the foot of the bed, "Nari, darling, don't stay like that for too long. You'll get dizzy." Namjoon warned her with a smile.

"Dude! Don't ignore me!" Suga threw a stuffed animal at him, more frustrated than ever, "I said I was trying to read!"

Nari sat up and shook her head, "Shh, don't fight! Please."

"Fine," He pouted, "Namjoon, what do you want? Make it quick. I want to finish this chapter tonight."

"I know, I know, it won't take long," Namjoon sighed as he turned to the girl. Suga hated being interrupted, especially when he was with Nari, "So, darling, the charity that Hyo works for is having a benefit dinner. They asked me if I wanted to maybe preform and give a speech."

"That's so cool!" Nari exclaimed as her eyes lit up, "What did you say? Did you say yes? Can I come?"

The boy smiled and spoke softly, "Of course I said yes. But the thing is, they want you to speak too."

"Me?"

"Yes, you."

"I don't know," Nari answered hesitantly, "I'm not very good at talking in front of a lot of people."

"You don't have to do it if you don't want to. But just think about it for a little, okay?" Namjoon glared at Suga on the other side of the bed, "Alright, Yoongi, I'm done. I'll go to bed now." He gently kissed the top of the girl's head, "Sweet dreams, my darling. I love you."

"I love you too." The girl called as he exited the room, quietly shutting the door behind him. Nari leaned against Suga's shoulder, "What do you think, Shu-ger? Should I do it?"

He wrapped his arm around her supportively, "That's up to you, lovely. Do you want to?"

"Well, it's complicated," She admitted, "I don't like the idea of talking in front of a bunch of strangers, and I don't even think if I can, you know? It's hard enough talking to you guys sometimes."

"It's okay, don't worry. You don't have to tell them everything. They only have to know what you're comfortable telling them. And besides, you don't even have to write your own speech if you don't want to. We have people that write our speeches all the time." Suga offered.

Nari shook her head, "No. I can't do that. If I'm gonna make a speech, it has to be using my own words." Her voice softened, "You know, I think about Hyo and how much she inspires me. She's so strong and she never gave up on me even when it all seemed hopeless. Maybe if there's other people out there like me and her, sharing my story will help them."