Moonchild (문차일드)

a/n: more of the single dad namjoon au :) i hope yall like it

"Okay, let's try that part again," Namjoon instructed to his client across the screen, "I want you to reach a little deeper for the lyrics. What do you want the listener to take away from this song?"

"I want them to feel empowered," The boy immediately answered, "I want them to feel like they're free, nothing can hold them back from achieving their dreams."

He grinned, "That's great! We can work with that!" Just as he was about to give a few more words of advice, he heard the door to the recording studio open slowly. Namjoon immediately turned around to see Nari shyly leaning against the doorframe.

"Sorry, Taehyung, I need to help my daughter with something," He apologized and took off his headphones before heading over to the little girl, making sure to kneel to her level, "Is there something wrong, darling? What can I do for you?"

Nari's deep brown eyes met his, "Everything okay. Just want to be with you."

"Can it wait for just a little? Ten minutes?" The boy answered softly. He hated turning her down, "I need to finish up my work for the day and then we can play as much as you want. Please?"

"Okay," She agreed tentatively, "Ten minutes. You done at two-four-five?"

Namjoon placed a grateful kiss on her head, "Yes, I'll be done at two-four-five. I promise." He waved goodbye and turned back back to the computer screen, "Sorry, I'm here now."

"I wanna see your kid!" Taehyung exclaimed immediately, "Please please? She can stay while we work, I don't mind."

The boy sighed. It looks like they weren't going to get much farther in the songwriting process for today, "Fine. Just for a little though. And she's shy, so don't expect a lot of conversation." He leaned back in his chair, "Nari! Baby! Can you come here for a minute?"

Little feet pattered across the hardwood floor and the girl eagerly climbed in Namjoon's lap, causing a happy squeal from the boy across the computer screen.

"Nari, this is Taehyung," He introduced them, "Can you say hi?"

Her eyes widened as she noticed that Taehyung could see them and shyly hid her face in the older boy's chest. "Hi." She mumbled softly, her voice muffled by his shirt.

"You're such a cute little thing," Taehyung cooed, "It's Nari, right? You can call me Tae. I'm your Appa's friend."

Namjoon shook his head, "Not Appa yet. Just Joon." He looked down at the little girl in his arms, "You hear that, darling? Tae is my friend and he can be yours too."

"Joon's friend," Nari repeated, bashfully raising her eyes to meet the camera, "You Joon's friend."

"Yes! Joon's friend!" The boy replied excitedly, "I can be your friend too, if you want me to. Would you like that?"

She said nothing and clung to Namjoon a little tighter, which made him chuckle. She probably wouldn't answer any more questions for today, this was about her human interaction limit since they already went to the grocery store earlier, "How about you go set up a game for us, okay?" He offered, "I'll be there soon."

"Two-four-five?"

Namjoon smiled, "Yes, two-four-five. Now run along, darling. I'll finish up here."

Obediently, Nari slipped out of his arms and out the door. She managed a shy nod to the other boy before leaving, which made him grin with pride.

"I think she likes me!" Taehyung declared, "You have the cutest kid in the entire world, I just want to scoop her up and love her forever. You're so lucky."