Star (별)

BTS had just come off of their longest tour yet, four whole months, and Nari had missed them more than anything. She enjoyed the time that she got to spend with her other family...but the boys loved her in a way that they never could. Taehyung was especially important. The girl had woken up from a nightmare too many times in the past few months without his warm hugs and deep voice to lull her back to sleep.

Fortunately, the feeling was mutual on his end too. Nari provided a sense of stability and comfort in Taehyung's life, she filled the void left by his family back in Daegu. So as soon as the boys had gotten off the plane, he quickly whisked her away for a long-awaited "Tae Day".....even though it was 2 in the morning. But nevertheless, the view from the stargazing hill in the park was worth the wait.

Taehyung kissed the top of Nari's head, happy to finally be with the person who could make his heart feel whole, "I've missed you so much, princess. Tell me everything that I've missed and don't leave out a single word."

She smiled, "I won't. Thank you, Tae. I met a girl."

"Ooh, a girl," Taehyung's eyes lit up with excitement but then he shook his head, "Wait, but what about Iris? I thought you guys were going to get back together?"

"Well, I don't know," Nari confessed, her heart aching at the still festering wound of the breakup, "It's not fair to them that I'm so far away. Visiting a couple times a year isn't enough. I need to be with someone that I can be with, you know? It hurts too much otherwise."

He nodded, "That's understandable, I could never do a long distance relationship either, but you and Iris were so cute."

"I know, I know," The girl sighed, "But anyway, let me tell you about Sunny. A couple months ago there was a small LGBT support group at this one library near Hyo's house. I went a couple times and I started talking to this girl around my age. She said her name was Sun-hee but told me to call her Sunny, isn't that cute?" Her voice lowered, "I couldn't tell her my real name though, so I used my old one. She knows me as Choi Yon."

Taehyung's face fell into a frown as well, "As much as I hate to say it, that was probably the right decision."

"Yeah," Nari nodded sadly, "Tae, can I tell you something that I've been thinking a lot about lately?"

"Of course, princess. I'm here."

She let out a deep breath, "I don't want to stay here in Korea. I'm tired of having to hide this part of myself, you know? I want Sunny to see me as Kim Nari and I want the rest of the world to see Kim Nari as a lesbian."

"I know what you mean," Taehyung sympathetically replied, "I've told you this before, but believe me when I say that if it were up to us you could be as out and proud as you wanted to be; but management is going to keep holding us back on that until you're an adult. I'm really sorry, princess."

"It's okay. It's not your fault," Nari assured him, "I don't blame you for that. But I just keep thinking of last year when we all went to pride in New York. I felt so safe even though I was covered in rainbows and holding Iris's hand in front of all those people that I didn't even know."

The boy smiled at the fond memories, "Pride was fun. You looked so happy there, Chelsea too. I never even knew that she was bisexual until we left Korea."

"That's exactly what I mean," She nodded, "I don't think any of us knew until she said that she wanted to come with us that day. While we were here Chelsea never talked about her past girlfriends, even though she apparently had one up until a couple months before meeting Namjoon. I learned a whole new side of her that made me love and appreciate her even more."

"I wish that things were better, Nari," Taehyung said softly, "I wish that people weren't so hateful. You deserve to be happy and marry the person that you love. If you feel that you can't do that here in Korea, you should go somewhere that you can. I'll support you always."

Nari cuddled into his broad chest and smiled as she felt a strong arm pulling her closer. "Thank you, Tae," She mumbled gratefully , "I really needed to hear that."

"Of course," He kissed her head, "Anything for you, my princess."

The girl quietly arranged herself in his embrace so that she was facing towards the star covered sky once again. Taehyung's soft breath and steady heartbeat filled the comfortable silence and it was then that Nari realized how much she'd missed him.

If I moved to America, then they'll be ones that I'll only be able to visit a few times a year, Her inner voice echoed, What will I do? How can I give up one love for another when they're both so important to me?

"Tae?" She spoke, "You said that your little sister used to call you oppa, right?"

"Hm? Oppa? Oh, yeah, she did. That was a long time ago though, she doesn't anymore." The boy replied, "Is everything okay, Nari?"

"Is it okay if I call you oppa?"

Taehyung's face flushed with flattery under the starlight, "Only if you want to, princess. You don't have to, but if you did, you'd be the only person besides her that I would allow to call me that."

"Got it, Tae-oppa," Nari gently kissed his cheek, "I love you so much."

Instantly, the boy flooded her face with little kisses as the smile on his face grew wider by the second. "Nooo, stop scrunching up your nose!" He whined, "I wanna kiss it!"

"But it tickles!" Nari protested between bouts of laughter and buried her face in her hands, "You can't keep tickling me! I won't allow it!"

"Fine, fine," Taehyung relented with a loving sigh, "I guess I'll go back to being a lonely knight with no one to serve. Isn't that just the most tragic thing you've ever heard?"

The girl uncovered her face and shook her head, "So dramatic," She teased, "You know that I'll always be your princess, Tae-oppa." Her gaze turned to the sky once again, "The stars are so bright tonight."

"Definitely," He agreed, resting his chin on the top of her head, "Which star is ours?"

"The brightest one, of course," Nari eagerly pointed to an exceptionally bright dot in the dark sky, "That one. That's our star."

Taehyung reached his hands out high, "If I could, I'd grab it for you."

"You don't need to do that, Tae," She cuddled closer in his embrace on the top of the grassy hill, "If it's not in the sky, then how am I supposed to think of you when you're far away?"

"As always, you're too smart for me," The boy smiled, "Every time I see you, you grow up just a little bit more."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i picture nari like 14 or 15 in this one. also i miss tae.