Tree (나무) - TXT Pt 4

"Have fun!" Beomgyu waved goodbye as Nari and Soobin headed out the door, "Take lots of pictures and call us if you need anything!"

"We will!" The girl promised, "Bye Gyu." She turned to Soobin, "Where do you want to go today?"

The boy shrugged playfully, "We can go anywhere we want! Is there anything that you'd like to see?"

"Hmm," Nari thought for a moment, "Well, you like to take pictures right? Let's go somewhere pretty. Oh, I know! Namjoon has this special place that we go sometimes, it's on a mountain and it overlooks the whole river. You'll love it."

"That sounds great!" Soobin agreed enthusiastically as they maneuvered the sidewalks of Seoul, "Let's do it! Do you know which trains to take?"

She stopped to look at a poster outside the subway showing all of the available routes, "West C and then North Line A, I think."

The two of them then purchased their tickets and got on their first train. Nari looked for an empty seat, of which there was none. She sighed and looked for a pole grab on to. There weren't any of those as well, so she was left with her last resort: The rings attached to the ceiling. The girl carefully stood on her tiptoes and managed to just barely grip the plastic. She tried to avoid using them as best she could, the rings were always too tall.

"You're so little," Soobin spoke, biting back a smile. It was just too cute, "Here, you can hold on to me instead. That should help you keep your balance better."

Nari shyly grasped one of the denim sleeves of the boy's jacket, "Are you sure?"

"Positive." He assured her, "I don't mind at all."

An older woman seated right beside them spoke up, giving a smile, "You two remind me of myself and my older brother when we were young."

Instantly, the pair's faces turned bright red. The boy managed a respectful bow, while Nari hid behind him bashfully, "Thank you." Soobin replied quickly.

"You're welcome." The woman replied, "Such an attractive pair of siblings, are you two models? Or idols?"

"I'm in a group, but she's a student," Soobin explained, "Her dad is in the industry too."

"Wow, you have such a talented family!" She exclaimed and gave the girl a smile, "I bet you're their princess, huh? I was like that too. My dad and brothers never let me forget that I was their little girl. I got into all kinds of trouble, but they were always there for me no matter what."

The boy laughed a little, "Sounds like someone else that I know." He playfully nudged the girl hiding behind him, "You really made Jimin sign for that second ear piercing, hm?"

"He offered." Nari mumbled and blushed harder, "And Joon wasn't mad, he said it was cute." Just then, an announcement came over the loudspeaker that signified that their stop was coming up. She let out a sigh of relief. Talking to new people wasn't her strong suit.

"Treat your oppa well." The older woman said as the train came to a slow stop, "But keep causing trouble, I'm sure that it's what makes you loved."

The girl smiled and gave a polite bow, "Thank you. I will."

Soobin said his goodbyes as well and the two of them stepped off the platform. He held Nari's hand securely until they got to a less crowded area.

She looked up to him as they walked, "Soobin?"

"Yes?"

"Should I call you oppa? Like I do with Yeonjun?"

The boy shook his head immediately, "Nah, you don't have to. I'm okay with just being Soobin. Besides, I think Yeonjun would get mad. He wants to be your only oppa."