6 - An Addition

"Yeah, I don't think breaking into the penthouse is gonna do the trick, Jay," Cole sighed. 

"Well, what do you propose we do then, Cole?" Jay retorted sarcastically with his arms crossed. 

Nya pushed between the two of them. "Guys, guys: If we want to prove that we can deal with this situation, just as many others before, we need to take the matter into our own hands without interfering with what's already being done."

"Pixal decided she was going to stay with Cyrus Borg, to ease his grieving and look out for him," Kai inputted. "So we're one team-member short, for now--" 

"Maybe not, Kai-" Jupiter announced, returning to the group huddling on the grass. All heads turned to her. 

"Where did you go?" The fire ninja inquired. "And is that Hector? What's he doing out here?"

"'Sup guys. We meet again," Hector nodded in their direction - he noticed Lloyd furrowing his eyebrows in return. 

"Hector's a witness; maybe it could be the starting point of our own investigation," the stardust ninja explained. It only took a few seconds for everyone else to agree, so it was set. Hector agreed to stick around with the ninja and provide anything he knew about the incident to their investigation. 

"Fine. We'll take him." Lloyd said reluctantly. They loaded Cole's dirtbike into the Bounty as they all boarded the ship's deck. 

On the computer inside the Bounty, Master Wu's face lit up the screen. 

"Who is that young man behind you, may I ask?" The old man questioned through the video transmission. 

"That's Hector, Jupiter's friend. He was at the scene of the crime, so we're holding our own investigation with him as our witness." Jay replied back. Hector briefly waved at the computer screen.

"...Alright then. It seems like you're well equipped for this task; if you need any help, let me know." 

"We will, Master Wu." He disconnected from the call and nudged Hector in the arm to join the rest of the ninja on the main deck. 

"So Hector - do you mind explaining the events you saw take place before the building was evacuated?" Zane asked in all seriousness. The boy nodded once again, and began telling his side of the story.