5 - Okay, What Now?

"I've never received such good and such bad news within just a few minutes," Jupiter testified to the rest of the group. 

"So which should we be worried about most? The ceremony or the murder?" Nya joined in. They gathered on the grass a few feet away from the pavements. 

"As exciting as this 'awards ceremony' sounds, you don't really think we're just gonna ignore the main situation?" Lloyd told the team. "A man has just been murdered! In Ninjago City! Our city!" 

"Lloyd is right. Despite the Commissioner forbidding our involvement, we cannot allow ourselves to ignore the crime," Zane added, putting a hand on Lloyd's shoulder. 

Cole crossed his arms firmly. "Then what do we do? It doesn't seem like anyone's allowed close to the apartment anyway.." 

The group began brainstorming there and then; of course they weren't going to 'sit this one out'. They noticed something quite suspicious about the events that happened in the last couple of hours. First a report about an SOG member's suspicious activity, then a shocking murder discovery. Were these two incidents related? Did the first incident even occur? 

As the discussion unfolded, Jupiter glanced behind the group towards the crowds of police, ambulance and crime investigators, all scattered at the base of the building where the murder took place. Among the group, she noticed a very familiar face. She quickly backed away from the other ninja and jogged over. 

He was leaning against his motorbike, clearly occupied on his phone and had a grey backpack slung across one shoulder.

"Hector?" She exclaimed in surprise. "What are you doing here? At this time?" 

The dark-haired teenager turned around - a smile instantly appeared on his face. His tall body enclosed the girl in a friendly hug. 

"Jupiter! I had a feeling you'd be here, along with...your other ninja friends." Hector grinned. He was just a few feet away from the city officials examining the situation. He shoved his hands into his jacket pockets before speaking again. Hector was a close friend of Jupiter, having known her for so long, even before she started her ninja training.

"I was on my part-time shift, delivering the last of these food orders to the building - I was inside until they suddenly evacuated everybody." He glanced at the scene beside them, sirens still blaring down the street. 

"Well, did you happen to see anything? Or anyone?" Jupiter asked him. Hector scratched the back of his head momentarily. 

"...Actually, I did. But I don't want to say it here. Otherwise the authorities there might take it the wrong way," He said in a low voice, gesturing towards the police force behind them. Immediately, a light bulb glowed in Jupiter's head. She quickly grabbed Hector's wrist and urged him to come with her.