They have stopped Moving.

In continuation of Endless Adventuring...

Inigo sighed happily next to you as you both walked down the dirt path. The trees swayed lazily with the breeze, with their color a faint yellow. The sky was filled with swelling clouds threatening to burst. Every couple of steps, Inigo and you would bump shoulders.

"My friend, I have a question for you." Inigo beamed down at you as you both met each other's gazes.

"Of course, what is it?" Inigo's pace had slowed significantly, and you matched it.

"Well... Have you ever thought about kids? Of course, I mean adopting." You glanced back to the dirt path ahead, pondering this question.

"How do you mean, Inigo? Like, taking one in? I mean... we have a house now, but do you really think Riften is a good place for a child to be raised? What will we do if we need to do some good old fashioned 'adventuring'?" Inigo chuckled as you began to ramble. Hearing this, you stopped short and turned to face him.

"What is so funny to you, huh?" You felt your face heat up due to embarrassment and slight anger. When Inigo noticed this, he stopped laughing and grabbed both of your shoulders. (He was still smiling widely though.)

"My love, you are amazing. You are caring, kind, and beautiful. If we decide to take a child in, I am positive we will do the best we can. There is not a doubt in my mind that will change that." He let go of your shoulders to grab and lift your hands to his chest.

"I do not doubt your abilities for one moment." Then, he pulled you into a tight embrace.

Suddenly, the two of you heard shouting nearby. You both pulled away quickly, jumping into defensive stances towards the noises.

"Inigo, we don't have our armor or any proper equipment. If there are bandits nearby with archers, we're done for." You whispered quietly to him. You gave each other looks of slight fear, for Inigo only had his Ebony dagger, and you, your mace. He motioned for you to follow behind him. The two of you followed the trail back to Riften.

You could begin to see what resembled Riften guards when you heard a branch snap behind you. In an instant, you had gotten your mace out from its holder and swung it towards the noise. You had hit a bandit on the side of the head. Time almost slowed as his eyes rolled to the back of his head, and he collapsed. You looked back at Inigo, who was looking between you and the man who now lay dead.

"They have... stopped moving..."

Before you could reply, you heard the cries of many other bandits who had immerged from the woods. You both made eye contact with each other.

"Run!" You both yelled. The two of you sprinted towards the gate. The guards were completely confused as to what you were running from... Until they saw the large group of bandits chasing you.

Thanks for reading! I apologize for not updating as often as I used to. Thanks to a particular user, I re-discovered this book existed. So I will try to update when I have time... you know with school and everything else in the world going wrong.