*♡* four *♡*

"once you can walk, we all gotta have a sleepover." clay says through nick's phone.

"that might take months," i tell him, although i do want to have a sleepover.

"well then we'll wait." he says. i open my mouth, but shut it, thinking if they'll actually wait.

"yea, we'll watch a scary movie, make muffins so we can eat them in front of darryl," he lists. i've only heard of darryl, never met him or heard his voice.

"when am i gonna meet darryl?" i ask.

"maybe he can get in the call right now. i've told him about you, so he won't be confused on who you are." i nod at nick's statement.

"darryl is super nice, you two will get along really well" george says. i start to smile, wanting another friend. especially if they're nice.

i hear a sound that means someone has joined the discord call. i hear a voice, a really friendly one, in fact.

"hello?" the voice said, assuming to be darryl.

"hey darryl, y/n's here, she really wanted to meet you." nick says.

"what-" i playfully slap him on the arm, he made it sound like i was desperate.

"hey y/n!" darryl says, cheerfully.

"hey darryl, nice to meet you," i smile, even though he can't see it.

"nick's said alot about you. like how your nice, and funny, and pretty-" darryl gets cut off.

"shut up! i never said that!" nick says. i blush, but slightly laugh at darryl's teasing. i hear everyone else in the call start laughing.

"yes you have, we were all in the call together. you said you wanted to kiss her-" clay says.

"I DID NOT-"

"YES YOU DID, I WAS THERE TOO," george comes in.

"I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING," nick says, his cheeks becoming more red by the second.

soon, everyone's laughing, except nick. i know they were just messing with him, but i can't help but want it to be true. i mean, he is pretty cute, and he's helped me pay for the hospital fee. he even acts like a child sometimes, which is cute.

"clay, shut up." nick mumbles into the phone when clay starts wheezing.

"y/n, you have two more days right?" darryl says, changing the topic.

"oh yea, i'm excited to get out and have real food." i chuckle. he laughs along.

"you could have muffins! you have muffins at your house right?" he cheers.

"yes! i give some to stuffy too," i say.

poor stuffy, she hasn't seen me in two weeks. at least nick was kind enough to look after her. imagine your owner just disappears for two weeks, not knowing what happened. how i wish i could pet her right now.

"is stuffy..." darryl trails off.

"my puppy," i say.

"aww, what kind?"

"maltese." nick takes notice of my change in mood, and puts his hand in mine, supporting me. i smile at him, showing my appreciation, and blush feeling his warm skin.

"awww! i have a maltese too! maybe one day they could have a play date!" his smile is heard.

"yea! maybe they could," i think of how that would work. one of us would have to go to another state. maybe one day.

the nurse knocks on the door, then comes in. she looks at both of us, then smiles, coming closer to the bed i'm on.

"i have good news!" she smiles. the boys on the phone become silent, knowing the doctor is talking.

"what is it?" i ask with a smile.

"well, since your leg is healing really well, and i know how much you wanna get out of this place," my smile becomes bigger, knowing where this is going, "you can leave today! but we have to get you to the physical therapist. so we already got her, and you can start tomorrow! someone has to go with you though, to drive you there," she looks at nick.

"i have my driver's license," he chuckles. the lady smiles.

"i'll get the doctor." she notices our hands, which i had forgot about, and smiles at us, leaving the room. i look at our combined hands, blushing slightly.

"sorry," i smile awkwardly.

"nah, it's ok," he smiles.

"that's awesome!" darryl says.

"WE CAN HAVE OUR SLEEPOVER SOON," clay screams.

"wait, you guys are having a sleepover without me?" darryl says.

"you should come too!" i suggest.

"no! just us! you can have a sleepover with zak," clay informs.

"who's zak?" i ask.

"he's a muffin head! i don't wanna have a sleepover with him, i want it with you guys!"

"well too bad!" clay says.

"i don't care what you say, i'm coming with you." darryl pouts.

"NO," clay says.

"YES," darryl says.

"will you guys shut up." george says.

i silently laugh as they continue to argue. even though i've recently met them, it would be awesome to meet them in real life. even if it's just for a second.