*♡* two *♡*

"the first time i had alcohol," i slightly laugh. "let me remind you, i was very young,"

"mhm, keep going." nick laughs with me as we walk across the crosswalk.

"i-" before i could continue, i accidentally dropped my phone in the middle of the wet crosswalk. but before i could pick it up, i heard yelling.

"y/n!" i look at nick to see what he's yelling about. but that's the last thing i see, everything is dark, i can't see. and just a few milliseconds later, i feel excruciating pain in my leg.

it felt like seconds before i woke up, but i'm not on the crosswalk. i'm in a far too familiar hospital bed.

at first i'm confused, i don't know how i got here, or why. but then pain over takes me, and that's the last thing on my mind.

i look around to see if anyone's here, like a nurse or something, but it's empty. just plain white walls, with a repeated beeping next to me.

i start to think of nick, is he ok? where is he now? and did he bring me to the hospital?

as i wait, i hear the door open, and i see a pale girl wearing light blue scrubs.

"hey, sorry, i was checking up on your friend." she says coming over to me to check my leg.

"nick?" i ask.

"yea, he's doing fine, he didn't get injured as badly as you. just a fractured foot." she informs.

"what happened?" she suddenly looks up at me, shocked.

"honey, you got hit by a truck." my eyes widen. "sorry, i thought you already knew-"

"no, it's fine, i'm glad he's ok." i look out the window, seeing the air is still damp, and the ground still wet.

"does your leg hurt?" she asks, taking the blanket off it. when i see my leg twisted in a shape i've never seen before, my breathing hitches, and my palms become sweaty. she sees my reaction and immediately covers it back up.

"what happened?" i ask, still shaken up.

"uh, the car broke your leg, and the impact fractured your rib cage." she says calmly, trying to help me calm down.

i take deep breaths, wanting to calm down. why didn't they stop? did they want to run me over? did they want to run nick over? is nick awake? when will he get out? when will i get out?

"when can i leave, and when can nick leave?"

"nick is leaving today, with crutches, but you have to stay for about two weeks." i gasp as the words leave her mouth. i have to stay here for two weeks? two weeks, staying in this same bed, not even changing my clothes?

why did this happen to me? why couldn't i stay a minute longer at the cafe? am i gonna walk again? am i permanently damaged?