Poppy in the Sky with Diamonds

Chapter Fifty-Three - Poppy in the Sky with Diamonds

"Your chariot awaits," Blaine teased, opening his car door for me as I got in. We didn't stick around. I knew I had all of next week to talk in awe about the proposal and everything, but all I wanted right now was to spend time with him. Just him.

He got in the driver's seat, both of us for a moment sitting there, both in shock. He proposed to me. I said yes. Were we insane? Were we crazy? Probably. I didn't care, I didn't care about anything else in the world right now. "I love you so much, you know that?"

He smiled, his hand finding mine and holding it as he leant over, kissing me softly. His tongue doesn't hold back, and unlike the sweet, romance-fuelled kisses back inside, this one was passionate and messy, lustful and eager. I had to push him away though, "I don't think I'll survive if you don't get back in your seat and drive me to yours."

His lips stayed tracing mine, "Aren't we lucky Pam is out of the state."

"She always does go away at the most convenient of times," I teased, quickly pecking Blaine's lips before pushing him back onto his seat, doing up my seat belt. "Thank you for all that," I sighed, as he turned the ignition, "it was magical."

He looked over at me deeply just before pulling out of his parking space, "You deserved it. I-I just can't believe you said yes, like, with everything that went on last year."

"But you still proposed," I shrugged.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I know I will and why should I wait any longer to make that a reality?"

My heart warmed, "That's kind of what I thought. I didn't doubt what I wanted, I just had felt so guilty leading up to it as I knew how I reacted to Finn."

"Wait, you knew?" Blaine chuckled.

"Kurt kind of caught onto your instincts, surprisingly early actually, and then I saw him and Freddie at the mall the other day," I revealed, "I'm kind of happy I found out though, it gave me time to think. Besides, just because we're engaged doesn't mean we're gonna run off and get married tomorrow, we have the next few years to plan, prepare, save up, I'm not settling for any courthouse affair."