I Dreamed a Dream

Chapter Forty-Eight - I Dreamed a Dream

Having my Dad and Carole at dinner lightened it up, it had been confirmed that there were no casualties which was a relief. There was still the mystery as if why a gun was fired, though that didn't feature much in our discussion over dinner. Blaine picked away at his pasta, and I knew he had completely lost his appetite following that day. I, on the other hand, had found myself starting to feel hungry and felt like I could have easily taken the route of comfort eating.

"Thank you so much for having us Pam," Carole smiled after finishing the meal, "the food has been lovely and it's so much considering everything that's going on."

"It is my pleasure," Pam insisted, "you must come round for a proper meal another time when we're all in better spirit. I smiled hard at the suggestion, although Carole wasn't my real mother, she had become the closest I had to one. So a friendship between her and the woman that had given birth to the love of my life? It was all I could have wished for.

"We would love to, we'd love to have you round to ou home but I'm afraid it's nowhere near as nice," Carole replied, "and the food nowhere near as good."

Pam shook her head, "You're too lovely."

We left shortly after, I could tell that Dad was shattered from the flight and it had been getting late, and given all his treatment he was barely at his best. I felt sad leaving Blaine, though he needed to spend the rest of the night with his family, he would see me again tomorrow.

I had been walking down with Blaine the next day in the corridor, which had been so empty given half the school hadn't turned up. I may have not gone, though the whole glee club agreed they'd be there to attend our meeting, so I couldn't let them down.

"I couldn't sleep, neither could Mum or Dad," Blaine sighed, "so we just stayed up all night, talking and crying and hugging each other."

"Dad went to sleep pretty quickly, given the treatment, though I had a real heart-to-heart with Carole, which was so lovely. I never thought I could ever have another mother figure in my life when my Mum died, but I'm so grateful I have Carole, and even Pam." I told him, he smiled at the comment about his own mum. I was so lucky we had such a good relationship.