Need You Now

Chapter Nine - Need You Now

Blaine and I had gone from hanging out and talking to barely saying a word at all. I had been on top of him this time on his bed as we kissed, music being played out of his iPhone 4 speaker, which wasn't really the best. We had only been kissing, though Pam would bang on the door whenever she passed by, her way of saying she could hear us. We chuckled as I rolled next to him, his arm wrapped around me, pulling me closer. It was then I knew what I was getting him for Christmas. 

I had gone to the mall with Kurt to pick it up afterwards. It was by far the best quality speaker, though I found a JBL on sale. It was the perfect gift since Blaine liked his music and was always complaining about his headphones tangling.

My last week at Dalton was sad, though somewhat relieving. I had gotten to be good friends with Wes and David, even if they wouldn't let me join the Warblers. Though everyone was in the Christmas spirit, and they let me join in their Christmas sing-alongs in the Common Room. Though as I said goodbye to everyone at Dalton, I was also saying goodbye to Blaine for the holidays, who was going to stay with his family in Michigan. 

"It's not much use for a while, but I know you'll like it," I said, handing him my neatly wrapped parcel. We had been sitting in the study room, which was completely empty, though felt somewhat sentimental being my last day here. Blaine smiled at me, opening the box to find the speaker, he gave a soft chuckle. 

"Mum's going to love this." He gave me a quick peck on the lips, which still made me blush controllably. "You're adorable, you know?"

Then Blaine got out a small box from his blazer pocket, which he opened for me to reveal a golden necklace. "So it's a poppy, then that little bird on the poppy is a warbler." He explained, and my heart melted as I held up my hair so he could put it on me. 

"It's a beautiful Blaine." I awed, as I grabbed his cheeks and pulled him in for a deeper kiss, it lasted longer, his hand grabbing my waist to support me. "I'm going to miss you this Christmas."

Christmas Break went surprisingly quickly, we had a quiet Christmas at home with just Burt, Carole, Finn, Kurt and I, which was nice as a new family. Finn had broken up with Rachel pre-holidays, Kurt and Oliver weren't yet a thing and Blaine was away, so I spent a lot of the timing just hanging out with the boys. Finn had been excited for me to come back and join Glee, though we both noticed silent resentment from Kurt when we both spoke about it. He had wanted to come back, though he had wanted to avoid Karosfky more.