Never Enough

Chapter Seventy-Four - Never Enough

It felt good to be at the diner with everyone, including Freddie who was finally back for good after being out of town for so long on some business. His father had been training him to take over, and he had been hard at work. Kurt had been quite upset, and Freddie's work had meant they had to push the wedding back from May to October, though there wasn't much more they could do. Besides, Kurt would rather they had a month's honeymoon as planned rather than a short two day one before Freddie had to get back to business.

"Oh, how I've missed New York," Freddie exclaimed, taking a big gulp of his milkshake.

"And how I've missed you," Kurt responded, the group making several jokingly noise reactions at the couple. They used to do that with me and Blaine, though I noticed everyone just tunes out now when we get lovey-dovey with each other.

"So," Kurt began, grabbing everyone's attention, "do any of you guys wanna catch a matinee tomorrow? Me and Freddie have evening plans but it would be nice to do something in the day since this ones busy, yet again."

Freddie rolled his eyes at Kurt's comment.

"I'm sorry, I would love to go, but June's got me taken up with dinners and rehearsals..." Blaine began.

"Yeah, I know, count me out — I'm gonna be in the recording studio all day," Santana explained.

"Sorry, I promised Blair I'd go christmas shopping with her," I frowned.

"This is terrible - look what I just found on Broadwaybuzzard.com." Rachel interrupted, swiftly changing the conversation back to herself.

"I'll take that," Santana sighed, grabbing the phone off Blaine who had taken it from Rachel first. "Blind item! Liar, Liar Fanny on Fire!"

"Shh!"

"What Broadway starlet has been calling in sick while secretly pursuing other job opportunities? Unnamed sources say producers are none too happy with the burgeoning diva's shenanigans and wager that this starlet will burn out faster than you can see Milwaukee Dinner Theatre in the Round!" Santana laughed as she read the review.