❥4

(Serena, Misty, May and Dawn's dresses and mask for the ball)

"Lillie, I can't tell you yet. It's a secret. When the right time comes I'll tell you" Ash said giving her a weak smile. He had no intention of hurting her. He felt terrible believing she could have misunderstood him and now having feelings for him.

"Ok Ash. I just hope you're not getting yourself in danger" Lillie said. Her heart aching. He loved someone else. Or at least there was someone else. A million thoughts occurred in her mind. Lillie left, leaving Ash with his thoughts. He never wanted to hurt Lillie. However, he wasn't going to give up on Serena. She was someone very special to him, more than Lillie will ever be.

Until the day where Serena tells him she doesn't want to be with him, he wasn't going to give up.

Ash grabbed a piece of paper and a pen. He wrote to Serena. After the robot left, he went for a walk in the garden.

-----♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡------

Serena and her friends had arrived from shopping. She ran to her room and checked if there weren't any letters. She thought about how would it be after tomorrow with Ash. They could dance together. Laugh once again. She could look at his gorgeous auburn eyes that always seem to draw her into him. Serena looked out the window. She knew Ash lived far away.

"May, how are we going to the castle?" Serena asked

"We're taking horses and perhaps a carriage," May said

"A carriage would be a lot more comfortable!!" Dawn said almost screaming

"Will you be quiet! No one can find out about this! It's going to be our secret" Misty said

Serena chuckled at her friends' behaviour. They were perfect for her. They gave her courage, strength and happiness. But also they would be glad and excited when something good happened to her. They would do everything for her to have her happily ever after!

"Serena look!"May shouted

The robot that looked like a bird arrived at her window. She smiled. Guess it's time to tell him how he would find me on Saturday! Serena thought to herself.

Dear Serena,

It's great to hear we might have a chance of making this hate between our parents end! I'm so excited for Saturday. I'll finally be able to see you. Things have been complicated again... But promise me that we will keep this a secret... I don't want our parents to separate you even more away from me. I'll be thinking about you.

Love

Ash

She smiled... Could Ash love her? Could he at least like her? She wanted so dearly to find out. Being with someone is the only way to know their true feelings. Could Ash be her true love? She wrote to him.

Dear Ash,

I promise you that we will keep this a secret... I don't want our parents to separate you even more away from me either. I'll be thinking about you.

Hope you find me in the ball knowing this: I'll be wearing a long white straps dress with white flowers. Don't forget the mask: it' s white as well with a white flower on one side.

By the way, how will I be able to find you?

Lots of Love

Serena

She gave the birdy robot the letter and he flew away. Serena smiled as he left. She looked at the box where the dress was... She had dreamed about going to a masquerade ball ever since she was a little girl. And now her dream was coming true.

Her father was always busy. However, her mother would pass through her room every day. And so she heard the knock. She opened the door and smile at her mother standing by the door in a red dress. Misty, May and Dawn bowed at her and left the room. Serena's mother looked through the room to see if there was any strange activity as she was afraid her daughter had some plan to see the boy again.

"Mother is everything alright?" Serena asked as she found weird her mother looking through her room with a suspicious look.

"Yes, my darling. Did you heard that King Red and Queen Delia are having a masquerade ball?"

"No. Although I heard some nobles talking about a ball... Guess they were invited."

"My dear, that's not what worries me... I don't want you to get ideas in your head."

"What do you mean mother?"

"For example going to the ball, or use the ball as an excuse and met Ash"

"Mum please I would never do that... You forbade me to ever see him again"

"Sweetheart he was not right for you. He and his family are selfish. They want everything for themselves."

"Mother, Ash is not selfish. Please stop this! You know how much he means to me!"

"Serena Yvvone you shall never see that boy again! It's an order!"

"Why? Why do I have to pay the consequences of something in the past!? I think it's time this rivalry between us and the southern kingdom ends!"

"Serena dear you don't understand life. It's complicated!"

"Then enlight me, mother! Explain to me because of this rivalry I lost a friend!"

"He wasn't your friend! He was probably using you"

"Mother, please! You don't know him!"

"And you do Serena?"

"Yes"

"Please you don't talk to him for five years"

"He is still the same"

"Did you know he met another girl?"

Serena looked confused at her mother...Ash told things have been complicated there... Was he referring to the girl?

"What'"

"Her name is Lillie, she is the princess of the Alola region. She has a brother named Gladion, who will assume the throne in a short time. She was invited by the king. She's been staying in the castle for two years if I'm not mistaken. She and Ash have probably been engaged ever since she arrived or even before!"

"H-How do you know all of this?!" Serena asked her mother. Her voice shuttering. She thought about how there was a big chance she had lost him forever. She felt sad, hurt.

"People gossip, Serena. It fastly arrived at our home" Serena kept her head down low. Not being able to meet her mother's eyes

"I'll leave you alone. I'm sorry, Serena. I tried to warn you dear" And so she left. Serena was standing there, tears wanting to leave her eyes but she held them. Not today mother she thought. She was desperate to go to the ball now. Somehow she believed what her mother told her was a lie.

Whatever it takes, she was going to the ball!