❥3

Ash followed Clemont to his secret workshop. There he found a small robot.

"I named it the 'The letter carrier'" Clemont said proudly

"Great name Clems" Ash chuckled "So this thing will work? I will be able to send a message to Serena and it will be her receiving it not anyone else?"

"Ash, I programmed it to leave the letter in Serena's room. So yes she would be the only one receiving it, we hope. Someone else might be there" Clemont explained

"So when can I send it?" Ash asked excitedly

"Whenever you want"

And so Ash wrote a letter, a small yet beautiful letter. He hoped Serena would receive it. Clemont explained to him that the robot would only get back when a letter was inside, so Serena would be able to write him back. Or else she would get the robot forever. Therefore, Ash sent the letter in the robot.

----♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡-----

Serena decided that perhaps her friends' plan would be a good idea. She was in her room, alongside May. Misty and Dawn had left to bring some food for them. Serena was looking into her wardrobe thinking about what she would wear to disguise herself.

"Serena!!!" May shouted

Serena left the wardrobe and ran to the place where May was. Serena saw her by the window.

"What is it?" Serena asked

"This robot arrived here" May said passing the robot to Serena. Serena felt her face warm-up. She wondered could it be from Ash. She thought the best way to find out was to open it

"There's something in here..." Serena said looking at the robot's small box he carried "What could it be?"

"Sere, the only way to find out is opening it"

And so she did. She opened the small box. May was standing beside Serena. She was as much curious as Serena. The princess saw a letter in the box. She took it out. She felt herself dreaming about how it could be from Ash. She opened it:

Dear Serena,

It's Ash. I'm not sure you remember me. I just wanted to tell you that I miss you a lot. I tried every day to get to you, to see you again. But it was impossible... My parents wouldn't let me. There was even this once where I tried to escape from the palace. As you might be thinking I was caught by the guards. Everything is a mess in here. And all I can't think about is you. I wonder if you are still shorter than me. If you still love strawberries as you used to. If you still think about me. If you miss me. A lot of if's cross my mind. I found myself drowning in the ifs. Finally, Clemont came up with an invention for me to be able to send a letter to you. I would never think this whole mess would happen to us. However, I'm not giving up so easily. My parents are going to host this ball on Saturday. It's a masquerade ball. Everyone from everywhere would come. Even nobles from your kingdom are invited. So, I was wondering if you could come. I would love to see you again. I hope you reply to this letter.

Love

Ash

Serena read the letter carefully.  Tears of joy trying to slip from her eyes. Her smile was wide. She was blushing a crimson red. She held the letter in her hands as if that letter was the most important treasure for her.

May read the letter as well. She was beyond happy for Serena.

"May," Serena asked making May leave her eyes from the letter and look into Serena's "Can we go to this ball?" May was beyond shocked. Serena had a big big smile, she seemed even happier than the usual

"Of course Serena! I would do everything for you to be able to go!" May said hugging Serena.

At that moment Dawn and Misty entered the room. They saw May and Serena hugging. Serena with a letter in her hands and a silly robot in the foot of the bed. Serena and May both explained to them what happened. The red-haired girl and the blue-haired girl smiled so happily. They told Serena to reply immediately. And so she did. She put the letter in the robot and he flew out of the window.

"Time to go shopping!!" Dawn said "You can't go to the ball with any of these dresses, someone might recognize you"

------♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡------

Ash stood still by the window of his room, hoping that he would get a reply. All of a sudden, he heard a knock in the door. "Come on in," he said. It was Clemont.

"Any news?" Clemont asked

"Not ye-" Before Ash could finish his sentence something fell on his head. It was the robot. She had replied after all. As soon as Ash noticed it was the robot, his smile grew.

"Clemont she replied!!!" Ash said cheerfully

Ash started reading the letter:

Dear Ash,

It's Serena. Don't be silly of course I remember you. There isn't a day where I don't wonder about you! I miss you so much! I'm so delighted to hear from you! Thank you for writing to me! Count on me in the ball. I'm so excited to see you again. Please reply to this letter so I can tell you what I'll wear so you can know it's me in the ball.

You don't even imagine how much fights I had and still have with my parents because of everything me and you have been through. But I have a plan. I heard some villagers talk some days ago that they didn't understand how two old best friends started hating each other. I suppose they were talking about your mother and mine. And turns out it was true. Back when they were our age, they were best friends. The whole villages used to celebrate their friendship on the 1st of July. Perhaps if we could find out what happened we could finally destroy the wall. I'll tell you more when I see you again.

Lots of Love

Serena

He smiled, perhaps they could be happy once again. He was glad Serena was coming. He could dance with her, laugh with her once again. But most importantly he could be with her, look at her smile.

"Clemont, look at this!! She's coming! Wow I'm so happy suddenly"

"Oh Ash, sometimes I just think you're too dense to realise it."

"Realise what?" Ash asked curiously

"Nothing forget it"

While Ash was smiling at the letter reading it all over again, someone knocked on the door...Clemont opened it. "Hi, Clemont is Ash in here? I wanted to talk with him"

Ash knew that voice. Afraid of Lillie finding out, he decided to hide the robot under his bed and the letter in his jacket pocket. Lillie came in, Clemont left as he thought it could be something personal.

"Ash I feel like your hiding something from me" Lillie calmly said

"W-What?" Ash shuttered "There is nothing I'm hiding"

"Look it's okay if there is someone else in your past. I just feel like your pushing me away, and I'm worried. I want you to know you can talk to me about everything"

Ash was shocked and confused. He had no idea what to say to her. Should I tell her? he thought.