He took a seat on the blanket, holding a hand out to me. I took his hand, letting him help me to sit down beside him. As he rested on his elbows, I leaned over to rest on his chest.

We sat in silence and all I could hear was the water rushing in the creek and Stiles' heart beating. It was steady like the creek, in sync with my own.

Stiles and I very rarely got a moment alone like this together. Usually we were always worrying about what was going to threaten our Pack next, or what was going to try and kill us.

"Do you think we'll always be doing this?" I asked him quietly.

He ran his hand through my hair, thinking. "Laying beside a creek? I hope not. Like, it's nice, but I don't think it'll work long term."

I rolled my eyes as I turned to look up at him, a small laugh escaping me. "No. I mean the whole fighting the supernatural thing."

Stiles let out a breath as he met my gaze, "Probably."
I know he was just being honest, but it still sucked.
"I mean, you're literally a supernatural creature, Ri. It's kind've hard to avoid."

"Sometimes, I wish I wasn't," I admitted to him. I'd never said that out loud to anyone before, and it felt freeing.

"You know that doesn't matter to me," he said as he cupped my cheek, his thumb stroking my skin slowly. "If I cared about the whole supernatural thing, I would've dumped Scott's ass years ago."

I scoffed, chuckling as I laid back down on his chest. "Don't you think it makes things harder, though?"

I felt him shrug beneath me in response. "It's not like we have anything to compare it to."

"I know, it's just. . . sometimes I wonder what our future is going to be if we're always looking over our shoulder."

Stiles pressed a kiss to my head, clasping my hand. "Our future will be what we decide to make it."

I lulled my head to the side so I could see him. "Okay, so where do you see yourself in ten years?"

The side of his mouth ticked up in a half smile as his eyes trailed away in thought. "I think I want to go into law enforcement like my dad."

"You'd be good at that," I grinned, squeezing his hand. "Officer Mieczysław Stilinski; I like the sounds of that."

"I'm glad you're finally getting the pronunciation right," he laughed.

"We were, like, eight. You couldn't even pronounce it!"

We both laughed at the memory. Stiles couldn't pronounce his own name for so long, usually defaulting to Mischief. His parents had known that it was going to be a difficult name to pronounce, so they always planned on giving him the nickname Stiles.

"Fair point," he chuckled as our laughter died down. "What about you? Have you decided what you want to study?"

Choosing my path once I left high school had been something I had been struggling with for so long. However, the supernatural and all our experiences, in a way, actually helped me to decide.
"I think I want to go into medicine. Maybe nursing, like Melissa. I really love helping people, and I think it's something I can see myself doing. Plus, I'm not that off put by blood anymore; hell knows we've seen enough of it."

"I'm glad you know what you want," Stiles said sincerely.

I bit my lip in hesitation, before asking my next question. "What about us?"

"What about us?" my boyfriend asked, confused.

"Where do you see us in ten years?"

"Oh," he said quietly.