Time slowed as I stood in his arms, my own reaching up to loop around his neck, shifting onto my toes to reach him more comfortably.

When we finally separated we were both a little breathless, almost lost for words.
"Where did that come from?" I chuckled, feeling his forehead rest against my own.

"What? I need a reason to want to kiss my girlfriend?" He asked softly, a small smile playing at his lips.

I kissed him once more before shaking my head, "Never."
As we got in the jeep, I glanced down at my phone to see that school had started. "Damn, we're going to be late."

Stiles closed the car door and started the engine, "Well, maybe we should just skip it altogether then?"

I laughed, before noticed that he wasn't laughing too. "Wait, you're being serious? You want to skip school?"

The boy shrugged, "Why not?"

"Because your dad's the Sheriff?" I scoffed. "The school will tell him."

"But like you said, he's the Sheriff. Meaning we'll get away with it," he grinned, beginning to drive in the opposite direction of the school.

"Stiles-"

"Ri, come on," he insisted. "We deserve at least one day off, don't we?"

Apparently everyone was wanting to play at being normal for the first time in forever.
"You're right," I conceded. "Let's do it."

His face split into a massive grin, reaching a hand over to hold mine as he used the other to drive. When I felt my phone buzz, I used my free hand to grab it, reading the text.

From: Lydia
Hey, where are you??

To: Lydia
Sorry, wont be at school today
With Stiles

From: Lydia
Fine
Will you be free after school?
My mum is working late and I don't want to be alone

To: Lydia
Of course xx

A ripple of guilt went through me as I stared at her words. I felt Stiles squeeze my hand, the boy noticing my discomfort.
"Hey, what's wrong?"

"I'm just worried about Lydia," I told him, turning my phone off. "The whole Banshee thing is still hard for her."

He bit his lip, nodding. "I'm not going to say that I understand, because I don't. But she's Lydia. We know better than anyone that she can handle this."

The corner of my mouth quirked up as I looked at him, "I know. I just wish she would realise that."

♧♤♢♡

When Stiles stopped driving, I realised that he had brought us to the Beacon Hills Preserve. I felt like so many key moments in our lives happened here.

Climbing out, I took a deep breath of the fresh wooded air. It felt so refreshing; so natural. Stiles walked around the jeep to stand beside me, a backpack slung over his shoulders.

"Ready?" He asked, a smile on his face.

Taking his hand in mine, I nodded, "Ready."

As we walked through the preserve we spoke about everything and nothing all at the same time, while avoiding the topic of the supernatural at my request. Stiles didn't mind though, claiming that even though his murder board was still going to continue, a break wouldn't hurt.

When we eventually reached the creek, Stiles let go of my hand to open his backpack and pull out a small blanket. I bit my lip as a smile reached my lips, watching him lay the blanket out.