Chapter 29

Lily's POV

Me and the guys including Tasha, Josh and Mason were planning for Cole's birthday. I knew in my heart that I had feelings for him but it wasn't something I'm going to act upon.

Caleb informed us yesterday about it and we have only today to get everything ready. I still haven't talked to Tasha about the whole James thing but I will once the whole party is over. I told Josh about it though and he said he noticed it too. So we are both going to interrogate her.

Josh would be leaving soon and I'll also be going home soon. This might be the last thing I'll ever do with Cole and I wanted it to be the best ever. I knew he'll never see me the way I see him but at least whatever it is we have it meant something to him. I think.

I was sitting on one of the chairs in the kitchen making a list of everything we needed when grandma and Olivia walked in. We were all in on this. But there was something off that I couldn't quite understand.

Olivia looked like she had been crying her eyes out and grandma was consoling her. I was curious.

"What happened grandma. " I asked her and her sad eyes met mine. Why was everyone crying?

"Cole was found unconscious. " what does she mean by that? What happened to Cole?

"W-what do you mean? " I asked my voice shaky.

"Cole tried to kill himself. Luckily the police followed him to the cliff because of the way he was driving and before they could catch up to him, he jumped into the water and drowned. They were able to get him out but he was unconscious. He's in the hospital now but he isn't responding. " Grandma said and tears fell from her eyes, Olivia was full out crying now and I was just sitting there motionless. I couldn't move, it was like my brain was on pause.

Why would Cole try to do that? Why did he want to end his life? I knew there was something off with him but I didn't think it'll result to this.

Tears fell from my eyes. I was crying so much. What if he didn't recover from this? I needed to see him. I stood up without wiping my tears and went to the living room. Everyone was there doing their own thing, they didn't know what happened yet.

I walked over to the coffee table in the middle of the room and picked up my keys. Josh was the first to notice my state because he hurriedly rushed over to my side.

"What happened Lily? Why you crying?. " he asked.

"C-c-c-cole he tried killing himself. " I told them and I broke down. My heart felt heavy, my head hurt. I couldn't think straight.

"I'm so going to kill him. " I heard Caleb say. Kill who?

"I'm pretty sure this is because of his dad. " James said obviously angry. His dad? He did this. Because of him I would have lost Cole. I pulled out of Josh's embrace and ran out of the house. They were all calling out to me and following me but I needed to see him. I needed to see Cole's dad.

I got to his house and opened the door without knocking. I got in and the rest followed me inside. My insides were boiling, I was angry and hurt. I found Cole's mom crying and his dad just sitting there, staring into space.

I don't know where I got the courage from but I walk over to him and grab his collar.

Caleb rushed to my side and pulled me away from him. If I had my way I'll kill this man right here, right now.

"How dare you? What did he ever do to you? He didn't deserve this. He didn't deserve any of the things you both did to him but you did it anyway and because of you I would have lost him. Olivia would have lost him. His fucking friends would have lost him and what do you do? You sit here like nothing even happened. Have you guys forgotten he's your fucking son. You're supposed to do things that'll make him happy but you're making his life worse. If anything happens to Cole I wouldn't forgive you both. " I said to them. I was out of breathe, there were a million thoughts in my head right now.