Chapter 27

James POV

I was more of the sit at home, smoke a blunt and listen to music kinda guy but Caleb wanted to come over to Olivia's house and he asked me to come with him. I couldn't turn him down because he was my homie.

We got here and its been good I guess, I mean we hang out a lot and Lily is rubbing off on me.

All I wanted to do today was sit at the balcony in my room, smoking a blunt and listening to music. It was my thing but the guys wanted to go to Lily's so I went with them.

When we got there I saw the one person that has been on my mind since I first saw her. Tasha. She was here, so she's the best friend Lily is always talking about.

When her eyes landed on mine it held shock and guilt. Why did she feel guilty? I didn't spare her a glance. I was trying to focus on other things but my mind kept going to her. I remember the first time I met her. I went to visit my foster parents. I don't stay with them.

I was going to the bar down town to meet up with my old friends when someone bumped into me.

"Watch where you're going. " I said to the person.

"You watch where you're going. " The person said back.

"You bumped into me. " I said to the person.

"Don't fuss about it bro. I'm sorry. " she said. That was when I looked up at her and I saw the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. She didn't spare me another glance, she walked away.

I couldn't get my mind of her since that day but there was nothing I could do because I knew I wouldn't see her again. But the universe didn't have it. I met her again at a club. I'm pretty sure you guys didn't picture me as the clubbing type.

She was there alone and a part of me wanted to approach her and keep her company. I walked over to her and when she recognized me she walked away but she didn't go far though, I stopped her.

She wasn't pleased with me touching her but I didn't mind. After some time she felt free with me. We talked, danced, drank. She drank, I didn't. I wasn't a drinker but I was high.

She got really drunk and I decided to take her home with me. I took her to my house and all I wanted to do was just let her sleep while I focus on other things but she wasn't having it.

We had sex that night. Some might say I took advantage of her state but I didn't. I only did as the lady wanted. The next morning I woke up and she was gone. I searched for her but I didn't find her. She left me a note.

I'm sorry I had to leave like this,
But whatever happened between us was nothing serious.
I was drunk and you were intoxicated.
Bye James.

I was so angry with her. I didn't think what happened between us was nothing but there was nothing I could do. Since she left I had flings with other girls but my mind was only on her.

Now I'm seeing her again and it woke the anger in me.

We went roller skating but I wasn't having fun at all, all I could see was her having fun with the rest while she pretended she didn't know me.

She was sitting with Josh when I walked over to them. I gave Josh a friendly nod and grabbed Tasha's arm. I pulled her to follow me and when we were a few feet away from everybody. I turned to face her. She looked at me with no emotion in her eyes and I did the same.

"Dude, what was that about. You can't just drag me like that. " she said obviously annoyed.

"I think I'm entitled to do whatever pleases me. " I said to her while staring at her with no emotion. She didn't say anything she was looking at anything but me.

"Why did you leave like that? " I asked her referring to that night.

"What are you talking about? " she asked feigning ignorance.

"Don't play dumb with me. We both know you know what I'm talking about. "

"Look James, I know I shouldn't have left like that but it was just a fucking one night side. It didn't mean anything to me so it shouldn't mean anything to you either. " she said to me and my anger had already reached its breaking point. I pinched the bridge of my nose to calm myself down. She shouldn't affect me like this.

I knew she was lying, it meant something to her as much as it did to me.

"Whatever you say. " I said to her and walked back to the group. I left her there because I couldn't stand her. I wouldn't say I hated her. I didn't. I just didn't want to see her anymore. I walked back to the group and sat beside Caleb. He was looking at me with concern.

"What was that about?. " he asked. I didn't want to tell him about it.

"Nothing. " I said shrugging my shoulders. Him and Cole were my best friends but I didn't just like people knowing what really goes on in my life.

While they are all skating, I'm sitting here staring into space. Tasha was avoiding me and I didn't really care anymore. She shouldn't be getting to me. It was a one night thing and nothing more.

I put my headphones on and lean back on the chair watching my friends have fun. I was comfortable like this.

******

Lily's POV

Something was definitely off between James and Tasha. I was watching them all through and I noticed their little exchange of words before James walked away from her. That confirms that they do know each other all I have to find out is what really went down.

We were getting burgers at burger king. I would have loved to stay there but I was exhausted and so were the others.

We didn't take a car though, so we're all walking back home. I was walking beside Cole and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I felt safe in his embrace.

The rest were behind us. Josh and Tasha were bickering like always, James was staring at Tasha and Caleb was talking to him but he wasn't paying attention. I didn't tell Cole about it because I wanted to know what went down between them first.

James and Caleb went home already and even though my house was just beside his, he still insisted in walking me there. Tasha and Josh went inside first, leaving me and Cole. He was staring at me intently and I was feeling edgy. Everytime we're alone like this he'd always give me one of those his electrifying kisses.

"What are you thinking about? " he asked. Oh I'm just thinking about you kissing me right now. How stupid is that?

"Nothing. " I said not meeting his eyes. He made no move to come close to me or even pull me close to him. He just stood there staring at me.

"Would you stop looking at me like that. " I said.

"Looking at you like what?. "

"Like that. " I said trying to mimic his stare and he laughed.

"I just like admiring what's mine. " he said and my body froze. Why did he always say things like this? Isn't this supposed to be a fling.

You know its something more than that now.

My subconscious said and I ignored it. I was to leave in the next 3 days because the summer was almost over. I'd leave and there would be no more Cole. No more us. So he shouldn't say things like this.

He stepped closer to me and leaned down to my height. He kissed me softly on the lips before pulling away.

"Goodnight Lils. " he said, kissed my cheek and walked away.

I stood there staring at his retreating form. My hand went to my lips and I smiled. I was going to miss him. I think I have feelings for him but I'm not going to act on it or tell him because he didn't feel the same way anyway.

He had already left. "Goodnight Cole. " I said even though he couldn't hear me.

It was just past 7 and I wasn't sleepy. I went to the back of the house and sat under the tree.

Even if he wasn't here right now, it felt like he was. Cole was becoming a part of me and I didn't want to leave him but I have to go back to reality.

A reality where there is no Cole.