Chapter 7

Lily's POV

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. I groan out loud. Can't they just let me sleep.

Picking up the phone, I look at the screen to see who called and when I do I jump up and sit up right. Its tasha. I quickly press answer.

"Hey girl. " she says. Oh how have missed this girl.

"I was just about shouting at the person who called till I saw it was you. " she laughed at what I said and one thing about her laugh is that its pretty contagious so before I know it I laugh along.

"Rough night? " she asks.

"Yeah"I sigh.

"Wanna talk about it? ". I hesitated for a second. I know she's my best friend but I don't know why I'm finding it hard to talk to her about it. She notices this.

"Its fine if you don't wanna talk about it. Just know I'll be one call away when you're ready. " she says and my heart aches. I always tell her everything and now I just can't.

"Its just I need to wrap my head around all of it first. I'd tell you everything soon. "

"Is this about a boy? " she asks. I smile and I don't know why. I nod forgetting she isn't here.

"Yes" I say almost whispering but she still heard me.

"I want all the details. " she says excitedly then adds "whenever you're ready. " I love this girl so much.

I could hear some voices at the background before she finally speaks up.

"I'd have to call you later Lils. Moms calling. " she says and we say our goodbyes and the call disconnects.

I stand up to do my morning routines. After the shower I decide to put on sweat pants and a light blue tank up. I tied my hair into a bun and took one last glance at the mirror, I head downstairs.

As usual the house was quiet. Dad wasn't watching the morning news and mom was no where to be seen. Luckily I find Mason sitting on the small chair at the corner of the room with a book up his nose. He's always reading.

I walk over to him and ruffle his hair.
"Hey kiddo. "I say to him.

"Hey sis. " He answers back but doesn't look at me or swat me for ruffling his hair. Weird.

"Where's mom and dad and even grandma? " I ask him, still not looking at me he answers.

"They said something about going out and grandma I think she's at grandma Olivia's house. " "I'm not sure. " he says to me.

"Oh well I guess its just me and you bud. "

My tummy rumbles and I head towards the kitchen. Food! My only comfort.

Making a sandwich, I sit and finish it up. When I look over to the sit at the end memories of yesterday come rushing back to my mind.

Why did he have to say those things to me? Why did he have to be so Goddamn handsome? Why can't I get him out of my fucking head?

Well I don't have the answers to that question.

Neither do I.

My subconscious agrees with me.

I get up and clean up the whole place and decided to go out. Its 12 pm already so I can go for a walk.

"Mase I'll be going for a walk. You okay by yourself? " he's still engrossed in his book.

"Yeah sure. knock yourself out. " I laugh at his statement and I head out of the house.

This is the first time I'm going out of the house without anyone. I remember the first time I left with grandma and she left me stranded but Cole was there to take me home. I smiled at the thought.