Chapter 17

Cole's POV

When I got home, the house was awfully quiet. Everyone is probably still asleep.

I walk into the kitchen and drink a glass of water. All I wanted to do was stay with Lily and cuddle her but it seems the universe isn't having it.

I go up to my room, lock the door behind me and lie on my bed looking up at the ceiling.

I freaked out when she asked me that question. To be honest I didn't know what was going on. I knew I was attracted to her but I just put it based on sexual attraction. I knew what I was capable of. I could hurt her and I didn't want that.

I didn't want her crying because of me. That's the last thing I want to do to her that's why its best for us to have a fling, nothing serious because I didn't do serious and I didn't want her getting her hopes high.

Every time I kissed her I didn't want to stop, I wanted to make love to her.

Can you make love to someone you claim to not have feelings for?

My subconscious asked. I don't fucking know what's wrong with me. I never cared about the feelings of my past flings or have ever felt something like this before.

So I don't know where this shit is coming from and I don't fucking like it.

I just hope whatever I proposed wouldn't end up biting both of us. Its just 8am so I decide to sleep for a while.

Having only one person in mind.

******

Knock knock

Knock knock

Who the fuck is knocking on the door. I turn around to check the time and it was past 12 in the afternoon. I slept for four fucking hours.

Getting up from bed, I walk towards the door and open it. The smirking face of Caleb and the poker face of James is the first thing I see and they push their way into the room.

"How can I help you boys? " I asked them. Caleb was sitting on my bed and James on the swivel chair at the corner of the room.

"You didn't come back last night." Caleb said wiggling his eyebrows.

"You had a good time yesterday right? " James asked grinning like a fool. The thing with this guys is that they have the dirtiest minds. They are probably thinking I had sex with Lily or something.

Any sane person would think you did.

My subconscious said and I ignored it. I brushed my hand into my hair.

"Its not what you think. " I said to them.

"And what do you think we think? " James says.

"That I probably slept with her or something. " I said and they both laughed.

"Well did you? " Caleb asks.

"No. " I said firmly. They both looked at each other before looking back at me.

"Look guys she's not like other girls I have ever been with. I can't just sleep with her just like that. "

"Isn't that what you do with the others? " Caleb asks.

"She's not like the others. " I snapped.

Caleb raised his hand in mock surrender and James was trying to stifle his laughs.

"Chill bro. I'm only messing with you." Caleb said. I don't know why I was furious but I didn't like the fact he was comparing Lily to the other girls who I have mingled with.