Chapter 9

Cole's POV

I wake up lying on a couch. I was surprised at first because my room doesn't have a couch. Then yesterday events finally come back to me slowly.

I quickly get up from the couch I took a glance at Lily's bed. She was still asleep she looked so beautiful and innocent lying down there. I decided not to wake her up so I took the easy way out.

I sneaked back out the way I came. Honestly I was ashamed to face her after she saw me yesterday like that.

But I couldn't really help myself yesterday. I really wanted to see her badly. I just can't get her out of my head for an unknown reason.

But that wasn't the only reason why I was escaping, I was taking the easy way out because if I took another glance at her innocent face I'd probably fall for her.

So like the coward I am I jump out of the window, the same way I came in. I wouldn't even want anyone to see me use the front door. It would definitely feel like a walk of shame and I don't do the walk of shame the girls do.

I get to the house and I knock on the door. "Cole,where have u been for Christ sake? I've been worried sick about you. Where did u sleep last night? I called your phone so many times but I later heard it ringing in your room".

"I spent the night with Lily". I say then immediately regretted it because that came out really wrong. "I mean I just stayed in her room because I....  I just didn't want to be alone".

"Oh... Are you guys that close now? I thought you guys didn't really like each other". Olivia said while trying to hide how pleased she was

"No we are not... Its just complicated". "Come inside then. I heard all the screaming from last night after I saw Nichole leave I thought u we're still at you room. You hungry?  I made Casserole for breakfast. "

"Okay then... I just want you to know that Lily is a good girl and you shouldn't mistake her for a girl like Nichole so if u have ulterior motives against her, I suggest you rethink them".

"Oh Olivia. You always go straight to the point don't you? ". I reply smiling as I peck her on the cheek even though what she said got me thinking. It honestly would be best if I stayed away from her.

I'm not a good guy and I probably wouldn't be able to offer her what a girl like her needs.

   Your talking like she said she likes you and she wants a relationship.

My subconsciousness mocked.

Well I think the way she reacts when she's around me says it all. Well I don't mean to be cocky but all girls find me attractive, its just a fact.

How do u even know she's the relationship type?

Well I think I know her type. And with that I put an end to my thoughts and head towards my room to take a shower.

"Cole, I almost forgot. Your parents are coming over today so we are all going to have a family dinner".

Olivia most definitely did not just say that my parents are coming over for dinner today. Holy shit! What in the hell!

No no no no no no no! Like why did this have to happen to me today. My day was already shitty enough even though it was like 9:00 am in the morning.

Walking away from Lily was  the hardest thing I've had to do in a long time. Now my parents are coming over. Awesome! Just great!

After taking a shower, I put on a black plain T-shirt and a blue rip jeans which I know will piss off my father. I wear my favorite jacket with an image of a dragon embroidered upside down.

Its the jacket Caleb, James and I got since when we were 14. Its like a friendship jacket although that sounds gay so I'm never saying that out loud. I know I got a lot of things I don't say out loud.

I also got it to piss my old man. I found out the bastard was cheating on my mum when he I was 14. I was angry and hurt but I knew it would kill my mum so I kept it to myself.

He actually promised not to do anything with anyone again when I caught him. Not that I believed him so I just let it slide. But ever since our relationship had gone sour.

I used to see him as my hero. The man who could do no wrong, but after what I saw that day I started hating him. 

I pick up my lighter and I take a cigarette from the pack in my drawer. I light it. I lie down on my bed and I unconsciously start thinking of the one person I seem to be thinking about a lot lately.

********
She walks over to me. I look into her hazel eyes that are sparking due to the suns reflection from the window. We are in her room, she removes my shirt. She unbuckles my belt as she is about to remove my jeans she calls out my name softly then it gets louder. "Cole"!  Then I wake up.

"Cole, I've been calling you since,  your parents are here". Olivia says but before I can reply my mum strolls into the room.

Just great.  It really has been hard for three good years to wake up and look at my mother without the thought of how dad cheated on her coming to my head.

I should have told her, but Everytime I try to something stops me. A part of me is still trying to hold the broken pieces of our family together.

Even before I found out dad was cheating on mum, it was starting to get obvious that things where already getting bad.

I could always hear their fights and bickering even from my room which is far away from theirs because our house is pretty big.

So I wasn't really surprised when I caught dad cheating on mum with a girl who looked half his age. I really was so angry I wanted to beat the crap out of him that day.

But I can't be the one to tell my mum that. I can't be the one to steal the light out of her eyes. I can't bring myself to be that person. Even though I know that she probably suspects it.

She may not have much time for me or care for me like a mother would  because of work and some other unknown reasons but she's still the best mum. "Be down for dinner at 7." She says and walks back out. She didn't even say a common 'hey son'. I love this woman a lot but she didn't treat me like I was her child. she didn't even give me a chance to hug her. I sigh.

This is going to be a very long dinner...

   *****

Hello beautiful people. Its your writer Pheebs here and I wanted to know how y'all are doing and if you like the book so far. If you do please comment.
Anyways, I wanted to say this chapter was solely written by my best friend joanese15 and a new name for the book was  inspired by my name sake Phoebe.
Bye guys.
Stay safe.