192(G)

Hold infinity in the palm of your hand

         mygalfriday (BrinneyFriday)

She loved books more than anything. And he gave her them all.

He gives River the best ending he can – all the knowledge she could ever want in all the books in the universe. She would hate it, he knew. No matter her love of books and learning, she would feel trapped in the Library’s data core, like she has been trapped all her life because of him. But he couldn’t just let her go. Not his River. She is far too precious to him and the Doctor is nothing if not a very selfish man.

And he knew something River didn’t – she wouldn’t always be alone in there. He knew from the moment he uploaded her into the data core that one day – centuries in his future, when he is older than he ever wanted to be and so very tired of running – he would join her there. There had never been any doubt in his mind that River Song was the woman he was supposed to spend eternity with, one way or another.

Together, they can make it work. A linear afterlife in place of the wibbly-wobbly marriage they’d endured while they were living. All of the books in human history at the fingertips of the last Time Lord and his wife – it will be their grandest adventure yet.

-

It’s only natural that at first, they spend a majority of their time in the more erotic books the Library has to offer. They’ve spent centuries apart and there is much reacquainting to do. He remembers perfectly the curve of her spine beneath his fingertips or the quiet gasp of pleasure that she makes when he licks over the pulse point in her neck. Their more intimate moments together have been ingrained in his memory while they were apart, just as much as the running and the laughing and the heartache. But his perfect memory doesn’t mean he hasn’t longed for her touch in the years he waited to join her here.

The first thing he does when he sees her again is take her into his arms and kiss her. And he has barely stopped since. He has forever to become familiarized with the taste and feel of River Song’s lips all over again and he plans to take advantage of every endless moment. He declares a second honeymoon – well, more like a 242nd, but really, who’s counting?

River insists on strolling through Fanny Hill and The Story of O. In one translation of The Arabian Nights, they allow themselves to be temporarily transformed into objects for sexual pleasure. But the Kama Sutra is their favorite – especially the second part – though he suspects it’s only River’s favorite because she likes to laugh at him when he gets tangled in his own limbs and falls off the bed. But he’d be lying if he said he didn’t enjoy trying out all of the described sixty-four sexual acts contained within the book. With an eternity to make love to his wife, he’s bound to run out of his own ideas eventually.

They bend and taste and touch, moan and sigh and scream between the pages. Their pleasure is as infinite as they are.

-

Leaning against the mantle and deep in thought, pipe wedged between his teeth and shirtsleeves rolled to his elbows, Sherlock Holmes looks exactly the way the Doctor had always imagined he would look. And so does his flat – slippers in the corner no doubt stuffed with his stash of tobacco, his correspondence jack-knifed to the mantle, every nook and cranny of the room stuffed with papers. The man himself contemplates the Doctor with a look that suggests he is an entirely new species heretofore unseen and really, the man actually is a genius.