110(M)

the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses

     mygalfriday (BrinneyFriday)

She blames it on her childhood – both of them. Trained to kill from the age of two, there was little tenderness in River’s life. Lives. Of course, she’d had Amy and Rory in her second childhood but it wasn’t as if they’d known. And it isn’t as if her brutal training had stopped just because she’d escaped to Leadworth.

There were still bruises and darkness, cruel words and blanks in her memory. A knife under her pillow. Punishment waiting around every corner if she didn’t do exactly as she was told. Kindness was always a deficient in her life – until the Doctor. The man who seems to know more about her than she knows about herself. It prickles at her sometimes, makes her snap at him and run away and rebel in all the ways she knows how. Until one day it isn’t so terrifying anymore to have someone who knows all the parts of her she wished no one could see. It’s a comfort.

The minute she stops running, she falls.

He catches her. Scoops her right up into those gangly, deceptively strong arms of his and shows her everything that she has been missing. Kindness. Love. Affection. How to hold hands. How to kiss like she has all the time in the universe instead of like she’s running out of it. How to have sex without drawing blood and leaving bruises.

She’d thought she would hate it, thought she would bristle against it like a child in the uncomfortable frills of her Sunday best. In some ways that’s exactly how she feels – it’s slower and far less exciting and she likens it to an adrenaline junkie being forced into a protective bubble. But she can’t deny it is rather nice.

The Doctor – all bright-eyed and flushed, gorgeous youthful skin on display and his hair flopping into his eyes – spreads her out beneath him and lavishes every inch of her with the kind of attention that makes her squirm. He maps freckles with his tongue, counts her ribs with his fingertips, nudges her bellybutton with his chin and uses his mouth to trace over her breasts and over her cunt until she thinks he could recreate her from sense memory alone.

For a while, it’s enjoyable. More than enjoyable. She’s so wet they’ll have to change the sheets she has gripped in her fists, thighs splayed as she watches the Doctor suck on her clit like he has cleared his schedule for the next century and he has nothing to do but her.

There’s no sight she loves better than her naked Time Lord between her legs and part of her wishes she could just lie back and enjoy the view but there’s an itch under her skin. A restlessness that drives her to want it faster and harder and gods yes there. She wants to leave marks on his skin that he’ll never be rid of. She wants whoever finds themselves in the Doctor’s bed long after she’s gone to know that she was here first.

Fingers so tight in the sheets she knows she’s going to leave tears in the shape of her fingernails, River drops her chin to her chest and draws up her legs. She feels the Doctor’s lazy tongue lap at her entrance with obstinate leisure and growls through her teeth. He looks up, his eyes dark and hooded, and their gazes meet.

River stares at him helplessly and he smiles like he knows she’s finally reached her breaking point. With a sigh, he sucks one last open-mouthed kiss into her sex and then he’s lifting himself up and draping his body over her. He takes himself in hand and when River scoots back into the pillows and reaches for him greedily, she snaps, “Finally.”