149(G)

Singing Towers of Darillium

                          Liravell

TARDIS landed. Blue police box appeared out of nowhere. The Doctor cleared his throat and straightened his bow tie preparing himself in his mind for the inevitable. Recently River told him that she was going to the Library. He still remembered that day. That was their last evening.
He opened the doors of his blue box. On the other side of the street there was a little, white house; common and boring. He knew that River was there only a couple of times. She lived there since she was released from prison, when she convinced them that she hadn’t murdered anyone.
He crossed the street and walked to the black, wooden doors. The Doctor knocked. Slowly, but loudly. Four times. He combed his hair with his hand and waited. After a moment, the door opened. He saw a surrounded by the storm of curls, smiling face of professor River Song. Despite the sadness the Doctor smiled. He had been pretending so often that it wasn't very hard. She pulled him in and kissed him.

"Hello sweetie. New haircut. Nice." she said seductively, passing her hand over his black jacket.

"Any plans for today?" asked the Doctor with cheerful voice.

"Nothing that can't wait. What do you suggest?"

"Singing Towers of Darillium." he said. River's eyes twinkled. His heart squeezed painfully. He felt overwhelmed with guilt. She wanted to go there for a long time and he promised her that one day they will fly there. After all, it was the place where they were going all the time. She kissed him again. The woman took him by the arm, and after a while they were in the TARDIS. She went to change. When she disappeared around the corner a smile on his face faded. TARDIS hummed softly. He looked at the ceiling.

"I must do it, right? I can't stop this." said the Doctor softly.

The lights dimmed.

"You know where we are going, Sexy." he said. Then a sonic screwdriver popped out of a little hole in TARDIS console. The Doctor took it. It looked like the one that he had in his pocket. He smiled sadly and stroked the console. After a while River came back in a green dress, which he had given her once. She smiled seductively.

"Ready?" asked the Doctor.

"Absolutely." she answered.

The Doctor began running around the console, pressing the colored buttons and pulling different levers. Ship tugged in all directions and River was just standing and laughing. After a while the Doctor was on the floor. River ran over to the console and took control of the situation. They landed.

"The blue stabilizers." she whispered theatrically.

"The blue boring-ers." he murmured under his breath.

"You will never learn, will you?" asked River, smiling.

The Doctor got up from the floor. He walked to the door then turned around with a mysterious smile.

"Give me a moment." he asked and then left, leaving her alone.

"Not a chance." she said and followed him.

Before her stretched a beautiful view. It was evening. The first stars began to appear on the sky. She stood in the front of a giant tree, whose branches reached the ground. The cool air smelled of flowers. The Doctor walked to the tree and took one of the delicate, red flowers hidden between the bottle green leaves. He came to River and put the flower in her hair. Her gray-blue eyes reflected the stars. Reflected memories. He approached her from behind and hugged her.

"Calderon Beta?" she asked and he nodded in response. They've already been here. It was their first night together. He kissed her neck.

"Romantic." she said, staring at the stars. When she looked around again he was gone. She sighed, then turned around on her heel and walked into the blue police box.