124(M)

to be in bed with a giraffe

                    jessicawhitly

The moment she stepped into the TARDIS she could tell their time streams were close together; his face lit up in recognition, and the subtle movement of his eyes down her body reassured her that she could let her guard down, more than the last time she’d seen him. He’d been so young.

“River Song!” he called, rounding the console to greet her, hands slipping to her waist, and she relaxed against him, hands sliding up the tweed of his coat, returning his smile.

“Hello sweetie,” she replied, leaning forward to brush her lips over his, smile widening when he returned it rather enthusiastically. “Miss me, darling?”

“I always miss you,” he replied, bopping her nose, causing her to wrinkle it and shake her head, curls tumbling around her shoulders. He moved to adjust a few things on the console and she moved with him, peering over his shoulder.

“Are Mum and Dad on?” she asked, reclining against the railing, watching the slope of his shoulders and the curvature of his wrist as he adjusted knobs and pulled levers. He shook his head, his mop of thick brown hair obscuring his eyes before he tugged it back with his fingers, long digits tangling in the brunette locks.

“They’ve been home for a few weeks,” he replied, and River nodded, watching him wring his hands for a moment, eyes following the lines of his wrist bones.

“So, the two of us, all alone?” River asked, lips curving into a smirk as she let one eyebrow rise, tone dropped a pitch or two lower than normal. She watched the movement of the Doctor’s throat as he swallowed, his eyes widening momentarily before they darkened, his own lips turning upwards into that smirk she loved so much.

“I guess it would appear so,” he replied, flicking a final switch on the console and letting the lights dim, holding out a hand to her. “Shall we?”

“Barely in the TARDIS ten minutes and already you’re taking me to bed,” River said, teasing in her tone as she slid her hand into his, relishing the feel of his cool skin against hers.

“I don’t see you complaining, wife,” the Doctor replied, turning and taking the opportunity to press her into the wall, hands slipping underneath the jumper she wore, pressing against her skin. She hummed in approval, arms wrapping around his shoulders and sliding into his hair, meeting his lips in a slow, deep kiss, her hum of approval deepening to a moan of content. The kiss lasted for a few long moments before the Doctor pulled away, lips curled smugly.

“Oh shut up,” River muttered, pushing against him and slipping into their room ahead of him, breathing in the familiar scent of them the room held, the bed neatly made and no clothes littering the floor- maybe it had been a while since she’d spent the night in the TARDIS with her husband.

His hands slid around her waist as his lips touched the back of her neck, and she sighed quietly, leaning back against him. He nipped at the curve of her jaw lightly, hands squeezing her hips as her fingers slid under his shirt, nails scratching at his hipbones. He gave a low groan of appreciation and pressed his hips towards hers.

She turned in his arms and captured his lips in hers, teeth tugging on the lower one as her hands slid under his jacket, shucking it off and letting it fall to the ground as she tugged him by his braces towards the bed. Once she could feel the mattress against the backs of her knees she unclipped his braces, letting them dangle by his hips while she went to work unbuttoning his shirt after she’d undone his bowtie, feelings his hands push at her jumper, moving it upwards. Once she’d gotten through the buttons of his shirt she allowed him to pull her jumper over her head, the cascade of blonde curls falling around her face and tickling her nose.