25 - IN THE HEAT OF TWIN SUNS

Start from the beginning

"You want to dance with me while we wait, Mr. Bridger?" Mae asked Caleb quietly. Mae and Caleb had been trying to make the best of their missions, as each would usually end in disappointment.

"No, I'll stay at this booth and watch the door for the woman." He said looking at Mae.

"You sure? She's not going to be hard to spot. She's probably 100 years old by now."

"It's okay. Go." He nodded towards the dance floor.

"Alright..." She said in a sing-song voice while giving passing him her Jedi cloak, and lightsaber.

Mae walked to the middle of the cantina where a few women and men were dancing to the band playing. It wasn't normal cantina music, it was a bit slower, easier to dance along to. Mae began to dance. Her curly silver hair flowed behind her. She moved her hips and arms to the music and soon felt everyone's eyes on her. She tried not to, but she stood out like a sore thumb, in her tight black top, decorated with metal accents and her pants that accentuated her curvy body. She felt Caleb's eyes on her and she looked back to the booth. He wasn't there. Staying calm she started to feel for him in the Force, but a hand grabbed her wrist. She turned around and very much to her disappointment an ugly man was looking down at her. He was sweaty and stinky, stains were on his shirt. He needed a shave, a shower. She grimaced, she knew where this was going.

"This isn't a place for you, little lady. You should watch out for the bad men that might want to... enjoy your beauty." He looked at her up and down. She wanted to throw up, his thoughts were disgusting and vile.

This dude was big but he had nothing on her. She looked down at his meaty hand on her arm and looked back up at him. Mae had no time for this and the conversation was being watched.

"Sir. Take your hand off me." She didn't smile, she looked at him directly in the eyes. She didn't want to waste a mind trick him, she'd rather kick his creepy ass.

"Pretty little thing, I think you want to join me." His other arm was reaching around to pull her closer to him. He didn't take the hint. She almost pitied him for the broken nose he was going to have in 3 seconds.

"3... 2..."

"Why are you-"

"1." She punched him straight in the nose then twisted his arm almost breaking it. He screamed and tried to kick her so she moved back. Before he could turn around and attempt to swing at her, she kicked him forward so hard he fell into the bar. A little glass cup on the ledge fell to the floor but a cloaked man standing at the bar snatched it before it hit the ground. He set it back on the table. Then he turned to face Mae. He gave her a wink and grabbed the back of the man's throat. Moving him to face him. Oh Caleb, always coming in last second. So dramatic.

"Get out." Caleb's red eyes scared the hell out of this man. The man got up, holding his nose, his arm clutching his chest, he ran out the cantina. Mae gave a little cheeky wave.

"Back to your drinks everyone," Caleb said and the rest of the Cantina went back to normal. Caleb grabbed two drinks and walked back towards the booth looking at Mae while he did it. She couldn't help it, but when he looked at her like that, she felt like jelly inside. She didn't want to dance anymore.

She walked towards him and sat in the booth beside him without saying a word.

"Did he hurt you?" He didn't look at her, his eyes focused on the door.

"No."

"Good. I think you almost broke his arm there." He continued to stare at the door. She read his thoughts a little. He was really thinking about beating that guy up more. It was cute.