7 - RUN!

(Songs: Liability - Lorde)

Mae couldn't find Ben anywhere. She searched the artifact room, training facilities, the cafeteria, and the library where they would spend most of their time together. When she felt completely defeated she searched for her father instead. She followed his Force presence to the most strangest place for him to be in the entire school. Her hideout on the roof.

Luke sat, admiring the sunset on the top of the Jedi temple when Mae joined him.

"You're not supposed to be up here." Luke chuckles as she sits down beside him. His daughter didn't listen to any rules or anyone.

"Technically, no one is," Mae replies, she stops looking at her father and looks down at his lightsaber that sat in between them. "Why did you get rid of the other one?"

"My father's?"

"Yes."

"I didn't get rid of it, I put it somewhere safe."

"Why?"

"It's a lightsaber with a very dark past."

"Is it because you lost your hand?"

"No." He smiled. "It's a powerful lightsaber and I felt it would be best to start new here."

"I think I understand." She didn't really.

"Do you want it?"

"No. I like my own."

"I like yours too. It reminds me of it, but yours is much more elegant if I say so."

Mae dangled her feet over the edge of the roof.
"Were you surprised when the colour of my crystal was green?"

He wasn't surprised when she was younger, but now he was. Mae's natural abilities seemed blocked.

"I'm just grateful it wasn't red." He said, instead of the truth.

Mae smiles and nudges her father's shoulder.

"You are stronger with the Force than you think, Mae."

Mae looks down, and her feet fidget. "I'm no Ben Solo."

Luke's eyebrows creased. This was why he made sure the lightsaber was far from the school. They compared themselves too much.

"He's no Mae Skywalker."

Skywalker. Mae sighs, "I shouldn't have said those things the other night. I'm sorry."

Luke nods his head. "I know you are and if you want to stay here, you can. It should be your choice."

"You're saying I don't have to go home?"

"It's up to you. Someone will always be there to teach you, on Naboo or here."

Mae smiles. "Maybe I'll stay a few more days." Her smile fades quickly. "Ben and I had an argument a few days ago. I don't want to leave without talking to him."

"What was the argument about?" Luke looks at Mae, his eyes narrow.

Mae thought for a moment. "About his nightmare. I pressed for answers and he reacted badly." She lied. She thought he wouldn't believe her.

"What did he do?"  Luke suddenly became worried.

"He got very angry."

"Did he hurt you?" Luke looks at her like he could find a bruise or a cut on her skin.

"No, Dad. He just scared me. It was my fault."

Luke looked upset. He looked mad. "Ben said he was going to camp in the forest away from the temple for a bit. It's been a few days now. I'm going to find him tomorrow, I think the time for patience is over."