Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I was on my way to the movie theatre. Heidi just said she could do a movie then maybe we could grab something to eat. I was all down for the food part. The movie sounded fun too, but the food is where it was at.

I met them in the parking lot, then we all walked in together. Aria brought Foxx so that inevitably threw me alongside Heidi. It was pretty strange because I don’t even know she and Foxx were that close.

“What are we seeing?” I asked.

“Endgame.” They told me in unison.

Even though I was pretty bummed that Foxx tagged along, knowing what we were seeing made me almost scream with excitement.

“I’ve been wanting to see it since it was out,” Aria told us. “So I’m just happy we’re here today.”

We got tickets and popcorn, then went to find our seats. We never sit at the front of the theatre. It was usually the middle or the back. Aria chooses where we sat today and she chose the very last row next to the walls.

She and Foxx sat a row in front of us, leaving me alone with Heidi. I sat quietly beside her. But Aria and Foxx were in a low conversation.

“You’re quiet,” she said.

I shrugged, shifting in my seat. “I have the strangest feeling that this is a double date.”

She turned her blue eyes to me. “How so?”

“I don’t know. Don’t you ever just have a feeling?”

She nodded. “Yup, all the time.”

We fell silent again as we continued to wait for the movie to start. I watch Aria and Foxx went on and on about shit. They seemed to enjoy themselves already. Their conversation must be interesting.

“What do you think they’re talking about?”

She leaned forward, turning her ear towards them and listening for a moment. Then she retreated and turned to me, the strangest expression sculpted on her face. “They’re talking about Biology,” she said.

I looked at them again, noticing the way they laughed at what each other was saying. “And laughing like that? Fucking nerds”

Aria turned and flipped me off. “You should try having a conversation with Heidi about chemistry. Maybe then you can both figure out the reaction that goes on between your …”

My hand was over her mouth before she could finish. “Shut up, Aria.”

“Let her finish,” Foxx begged.

I shook my head. “Nope.”

She tried to speak but sounded muffled beneath my palm. I shifted my hand so I could hear her defence. “So leave us alone let us talk about our genomes and clones while you and my sister do what ‘Non-nerds’ do.”

“Okay, but shut up.”

She nodded and turned back to Foxx.

I took my seat again and waited for the movie to begin. I felt Heidi’s eyes on me and turned to her. “Reaction between your where?” She asked with amusement.

I glared at her. “Nothing.”

She laughed, which told me she knew exactly what Aria was referring to. I hid my face in shame, murmuring. “Thank you, Aria, for embarrassing me.”

It wasn’t much longer until the movie started and I soon forgot bout my embarrassment. It was an emotional roller coaster from the very beginning. Soon after it started, it reminded me that half the universe got wiped out, including some of my favourite Heroes.