Chapter 34

Chapter 34

My throat parched and my hands were sweating as I waited for her grey eyes to fall on me. It seemed like forever before they did, and when they did, her gaze ran over my entire body as I expected it to. Her eyes finally locked with mine, allowing me to see the surprise on her face.

I waited.

“Heidi,” She trailed off. Her eyes flickered around the place, taking in the low glow that the lit candles provided and even the detached rose petals that sat on the floor. Her eyes found me again, and she opened her mouth to speak once more, but I could see that she was speechless.

I walked up to her and her eyes followed me until I was standing right in front of her. “Surprise!”

She smiled, and her lips trembled as she did. “Are you real?”

“Yes,”

“Are you sure? Heidi, I swear to God if I touch you and you disappear, I’m… I’m going to cry.”

I reached for her hands and gave her a reassuring smile. The contact made her shiver. “I am real.”

She nodded and her hands travelled up the length of my arms until they slip around the back of my neck. “Good.” Her eyes travelled over me again. “Now that we established that, I can’t help but notice you’re wearing a bunny suit.”

“Yes.” I stepped out of her grip to model it for her. “What do you think?”

“How am I going to keep my hands off of you?” Her voice was low now and unlike I’ve ever heard it. It was kind of smooth and I found it to be really seductive. I wonder if she was doing it on purpose and if she had any clue what she was doing to me right now.

I bit my lip, trying not to focus too much on what she was doing to me as I responded to her. “If you can keep your hands off me until the end of dinner then I’ll let you touch me all night.”

Her eyes lit up, and she clasped her hand over her mouth to stop herself from squealing. I thought it was funny how excited she got about that, but despite me laughing at her, my heart still skipped a couple of beats.

“I don’t think you understand what you just told me.” She said when she calmed down a bit.

But I understood. I understood that whenever she touches me, my blood boiled and my heartbeat on a Highline. I understood that every kiss we shared left me wanting more and it opened up a hunger for her that scared me to death because it was so strong.

That hunger got worse after the night she gave me my Christmas gifts. That night we shared something that I thought was only possible in my dreams and ever since then I just feel the need to feed my hunger even just a little. So, why not do that tonight?

Clearing my throat, I led her towards the dining table. “I understand exactly what I’m saying to you, Ms Harper.” I pulled out a chair for her to sit before my hands found the handle to the steel dome that covers our dinner. “How about dinner?”