Part 2, Chapter 20. The Violet Tower, part 1.

Start from the beginning

David nods. "Looks like fun."

Blare reads the sign. "Apparently it is a short cut to Route 45 and Blackthorn City."

David pulls out a map and examines it. "The Dragon's Den and Silver Cave is near that area too."

Kyla takes a deep breath. "First things first, we have to visit Violet City. We can't skip ahead."

Clare taps Kyla on the shoulder. "I appreciate you three accompanying us this far. I know the others never really said it, but they are happy you didn't just dump us off."

Kyla smiles. "Even if we were to go our own ways, we are only a call away."

Clare nods.

They wait for the others to catch up and then head into Route 31.

On this route, Clare wanders through the grass, finding a Bellsprout

On this route, Clare wanders through the grass, finding a Bellsprout. After she captures it, the group heads into Violet City. 

Everyone takes a moment at the Pokemon Center to heal their Pokemon

Everyone takes a moment at the Pokemon Center to heal their Pokemon. While there, a young male trainer approaches the group.

"Hey, my name is Rudy. Did any of you happen to capture a Bellsprout?" 

Clare nods. "I did."

"I am in need of a Bellsprout, in order to do some work. Would you be willing to trade?" Rudy asks.

Josh crosses his arms. "Why don't you go capture your own, pal?"

Rudy smiles, sheepishly. "I actually have no money to buy a Pokeball, at the moment."

"What are you offering?" Clare asks.

"An Onix." Rudy replies.

Clare pulls out the Pokeball, with Bellsprout in it. As Rudy presents his Pokeball, Josh steps in.

"How about we take this trade outside?" Josh suggests.

"Why?" Rudy asks, annoyed.

"Cause, how do I know that Pokeball is not empty? As an act of good faith, I think you should both present the Pokemon in full view." Josh presses.