Chapter 8 *EDITED*

I was still irritated with the fact that Uncle Minato kept pushing these D-ranked missions onto us. I don't even get the point of these. How is babysitting misbehaving children supposed to help us track down an enemy?

Not only am I irritated with that, but I'm also irritated because now Obito and I are starting to become extremely distant because of Rin.

He doesn't hang out with me anymore and hardly ever talks to me outside of missions.

It's like I've become invisible to him or something.

Uncle Minato mentioned that we would be having a meeting, so I got up early and got ready. Both Minato and Kushina were gone, so I was home alone this morning. Once I finished getting ready, I started making my way to the training ground where the meeting was going to be at.

Rin was already there with Obito by her side. Kakashi was just sitting on the tree stump further away from them, looking lost in his thoughts. I glanced over at Obito and Rin, then walked over to the tree stump Kakashi was sitting at.

I avoided Obito's gaze and sat down next to Kakashi without a word.

"Where's Sensei? He's running late," Kakashi asked me.

I shrugged. "I didn't see him this morning, I was home alone,"

Kakashi just sighed in response.

Rin and Obito were talking the entire time we waited on Uncle Minato to get here. Kakashi was quiet for the most part, making some snarky comments to Obito here and there.

"Sorry I'm late guys," Uncle Minato said.

We all looked up at him and saw that Aunt Kushina was here too with a picnic basket in her hand.

"Remember when I told you guys I have a wife? Well, this is my wife," He introduced to the others.

She gave them a warm smile.

"My name's Kushina Uzumaki! I'm glad I finally get to meet you guys, you're all so cute!" She gushed.

She introduced herself to the three and gushed over Rin, causing me to roll my eyes at that.

"Are we going on a mission today?" Obito asked.

Minato shook his head. "No, I have something else planned today. Since you four have been working hard on completing your missions, we're going to have a picnic today as a break. I thought this would be a good way for you guys to get acquainted with her since you'll be seeing her around,"

She set the picnic basket down on the ground and I could already smell the food from here. My mouth watered at the thought of what she could've made. I was blessed to have an aunt who can cook.

She handed me a bowl of ramen and smirked when she saw my expression. "I made this for my favorite niece too, along with anmitsu,"

Kakashi sweat dropped at how I immediately started wolfing the ramen down.

Don't get me wrong. I love Ichiraku's ramen, but Kushina's homemade ramen was always the best. I'm going to have to ask her for the recipe one of these days.

Everyone was eating and talking together. I kept my distance from Rin and Obito, mainly talking to Kakashi.

"I'm surprised you're not talking to Obito," Kakashi said as he ate a riceball. "I thought you two were close,"

I glanced over at Rin and Obito, noticing that they were laughing together. Obito and I accidentally made eye contact and I looked back at Kakashi.

"Well I thought so too, I guess I'm just invisible to him now," I sighed.