Chapter 32

The next morning, I woke up from a strange dream. I could see Minato hovering over me and I just about had a heart attack because that dream left me jumpy.

"You alright?" Minato asked.

"Yeah," I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "I'm fine, just a weird dream I had left me kind of jumpy. Are you going to show me the final step of the rasengan?"

"Yes, but let's eat breakfast first," Minato said. "I made us some scrambled eggs and rice because Kushina went out to get groceries. Her friends, Mikoto and Tsume tagged along with her so she'll probably be out for a while,"

He left my room to let me get dressed and I changed into my ninja attire. I saw he had a bowl with the rice and eggs fixed for me and a glass of milk.

He sat down with a cup of coffee and his bowl.

"What's the final step to the rasengan?" I ask.

"Containment,"

"Containment?"

"Yes, but I'll explain that to you when we are on the training ground,"

I quickly ate my breakfast so I could get to learning the rasengan quicker and put my dishes in the sink. I ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth and tie my hair in its usual ponytail and then rushed back out. Minato was amused at how I was rushing.

"Okay let's go!" I said enthusiastically and ran out of the house after slipping my boots on.

I waited on the porch for Minato to come out and he finally did. He may be the Yellow Flash, but he can still be a slowpoke sometimes.

We walked to the training ground and I got there about fifteen seconds before he did.

"Okay, so go on about the 'containment' thing," I said and looked at him attentively.

"Now," He said. "You already know that there are three steps to the rasengan. It's rotation, power, and containment. You've already learned the first two, so now I will be teaching you about containment,"

"And how do I do the last step?"

"Containment is combining the first two steps into the shape of a sphere," He held his hand out and a blue ball of chakra was swirling in the palm of his hand.

"That's so cool!" I exclaimed. "But how do I make it turn into a sphere?"

"It's going to take a long time to learn, but there is a simpler away to learn. Just use that balloon that we used before and it'll help you visualize the shape of a sphere,"

I groaned loudly. "The balloon again?!"

He chuckled. "Yes, but it's different this time. Instead of popping or moving it, you have to be able to contain your chakra into that balloon,"

"How hard is this last step?"

"It'll take a while and lots of patience, but that's where Master Jiraiya comes in. He'll help you out and he seems to have taken a liking to you," Minato smiled.

I grinned widely at the thought of being trained by a Sannin. "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get started now!"

He handed me a pack of balloons and used one to demonstrate what I'm supposed to do. His balloon didn't move at all or pop. It was pretty impressive. After that, he handed the balloon to me and leaned against the post to watch me do this.

"Okay, I've got this!" I put my chakra into it and rotated it.

To my displeasure, the balloon popped. "Or not..."