Chapter 63

Another month passes by. Minato was out in the Hokage Tower, Kushina was at home, and I was currently in my room getting ready to head out to the park. The summertime had passed, and now it was fall.

Kushina knocked on my bedroom door and poked her head in. "Hana?"

"Yes?"

"I have something to tell you and Minato, so he's going to be home in a bit. I will let you know when he's here," She said.

"Okay," I nodded.

I was curious as to what she was going to tell us.

I decided to get out of bed since I've been lying here all day. I put on a black tank top and some leggings and brushed my hair. I remember Obito told me that he liked the way my hair looked when it was down, so I usually kept it like that.

A few minutes later, I went to go brush my teeth and Kushina told me that Minato was home now.

I walked out of the bathroom, seeing that he looked exhausted, but he smiled at her and kissed her cheek.

"So, what's the thing you wanted to talk about?" I asked, sitting down at the couch next to her.

Minato sat on the recliner chair and rose his eyebrow curiously.

Kushina looked a little nervous, but she was happy at the same time. "I...noticed that I've been feeling sick in the morning,"

Minato and I exchanged glances, as if we both had an idea why.

"So I talked to Mikoto because she's pregnant right now, and she thought that I was pregnant," Kushina continued. "And I took the test,"

"And what were the results?" I ask.

Minato was silent.

"It was positive," She smiled. "I-I'm going to be a mother,"

I widened my eyes in shock and Minato's eyes widened as well. We were both silent and suddenly, a smile spread onto his face.

"And I'm...I'm going to be a father," He said.

Kushina grinned. "I'm going to be a mother, ya know!" 

She glanced over at me. "Well, I kind of am know, but still!"

I just chuckled when I realized she felt bad.

They both hugged each other and I was now excited. I knew that this little cousin was going to be like the sibling I've never had and I already made a vow that I would protect him/her.

I wished that we already knew the gender, but that was going to take a few months.

Most teens in my situation would react negatively because they'd feel jealous, but not me. I was happy to have more family after the "incident" back in my home village and I always wanted a younger brother or sister when I was growing up.

After the whole excitement, Minato turned to me.

"Oh, Hana, I forgot to tell you that I'm going to be assigning you on a mission with three other ninjas and they need a fourth person to be safe," Minato said.

"I'll go get ready then," I said.

"After you get prepared, come to the tower and I'll explain the details once you get there," He said.

I quickly changed into my ninja attire and Kushina told me to be safe as I walked out. 

When I got to the tower, I saw Itachi Uchiha, Ebisu, and Naomi in front of Minato's desk. Minato's speed still took me by surprise because we were at the house not too long ago.