Chapter 60

The next morning, Rin was wrapping Kakashi's gash on his shoulder. "The wounds are healing very nicely, but try not to overexert yourself, okay?"

"Yeah," Kakashi answered.

I stretched out and took my hair out of its ponytail since it was getting all tangled. Obito was putting his shoes on and put some kunais in his pouch. He was oddly quiet this morning.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm just thinking about something Minato-Sensei said last night," He replied.

"Well, if you detect anything like the Forest of Death, just let us know. This time it's crucial,"

"I will,"

Kakashi put his shirt back on. "Alright let's go,"

I quickly picked up my ninja pouch and glanced at his shoulder. "Are your wounds okay now?"

"Yes, they're a lot better now," He answers.

The walk to the border was pretty silent. Obito seemed better than yesterday, but his silence was a little concerning.

"Is this the border?" I asked, noticing the area around us had bamboo plants.

"Yes," Minato replied. "We'll be splitting up here, so do your best. The enemy we encountered yesterday was merely a lone scout. Now we should expect to find teams, so be careful."

"Let's get going then," Obito looked down. "Captain,"

Kakashi stared at him with surprise and I looked at him questioningly. He was arguing with Kakashi a lot yesterday, so this was unexpected of him. He still looked troubled though.

"Scatter," Kakashi said.

Minato took off on his own and us three followed Kakashi's lead. We ran through the bamboo forest, encountering a deep hole. This wasn't where the bridge was though.

Obito and I were both frustrated because we thought we found the bridge and we didn't.

Kakashi and Rin both looked at the map while I looked around us for any enemies who may be following.

"This way," Kakashi said and put the map away.

He led us through some swampy area and I started to sense that someone was following us now. Kakashi noticed it too and stopped walking.

Bamboo that was cut up started falling where we stood and Obito acted quickly by using his fireball jutsu to burn them.

I couldn't tell where this guy was coming from.

"Just where the hell is he? I murmur, looking around.

The sound of bamboo snapping caught my attention and I noticed a guy with an afro, who was about to launch an attack on us. Kakashi quickly moved to counter it and I heard a splash behind me, then Rin's scream.

"Rin!" I exclaimed and turned around.

I saw that another enemy apprehended her and held her like a rag doll.

"Let go of her, asshole!" I shouted.

I was about to hit him with a rasengan, but the guy with an afro pulled a kunai out and held it towards Rin, making me stop.

"Move and she's gone," He threatened.

The guy holding her spoke. "We'll be taking this one with us,"

"I won't let you!" I shouted, about to run after them.

I couldn't let something happen to Rin again. I swore to make sure nothing like the Forest of Death would never happen again.