Chapter 62

Two years later, the war had finally ended.

Of course, I'm still heartbroken over how I lost Obito and even Rin died. Both of their deaths were traumatizing for Kakashi and I.

What happened was, he had to kill her with his lightning blade since they wanted to use her as the Three-Tail's jinchuriki and I had to watch helplessly because one of the enemies had me apprehended and made sure I couldn't interfere.

Kakashi was more traumatized over Rin than I was though. He barely talks to me anymore and it's like he acts like we were never friends.

Right now, Minato and Lord Third were discussing a few things and I sat at the table with them since Minato told me to sit with them. Kushina would've been here, but she was out on a mission with Inoichi and Anko.

"So, what did you have to talk about?" Minato asked the Hokage.

"Two things," He replied. "Both are good news,"

I stared at him with anticipation.

"First," He started. "I'm going to approve your application about Hana becoming a jounin,"

If he wasn't here right now, I would've burst out with excitement. A huge grin fell on my face and I was now excited. Minato was smiling proudly at me.

"Really?" I ask.

He nodded and then continued. "And the second things I have to say, I'm going to let you take over my position as the Hokage, Minato,"

Minato's eyes widened with shock.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah," The Hokage nodded. "Because of you, the Third Shinobi war had come to an end because of how well you and the others had handled it and you also endured a great amount of pain,"

I looked down, knowing he was talking about Obito and Rin.

God, I miss Obito. Why did that have to happen to me? Why did I have to lose him?

Minato looked over at me with sympathy and looked back at the Hokage.

"You are now the Fourth Hokage."

Minato was still shocked and I had to admit that I was kind of jealous since I wanted to be Hokage. They continued discussing about duties he would take care of and how the ceremony would work.

Then, the former Hokage left our house.

"This is a huge responsibility," Minato remarked. "I'm a leader of an entire village now,"

"It's impressive though," I replied. "I'm sure Aunt Kushina will be very happy for you,"

Minato nodded.

"And Kakashi can stop teasing me about being a chunin because I'm now on the same level as him," I smirk. "He better not call me a block-head again though,"

"I knew teaching you the rasengan was a good idea," Minato smiled. "I'm glad the Third could see your potential and how much your skills have improved. Did you know that Kakashi is going into the ANBU soon as well?"

He stood up to get a cup of tea and a sudden thought crossed my mind.

"So," I said. "What's of Team Seven now?"

"Well, I'm no longer your sensei. You and Kakashi don't need my teachings anymore,"

He sat back down at the table with me and we talked for a few more minutes. After that, I decided to go see Kakashi before he went into the ANBU and disappeared on me all the time.