Chapter 22

I woke up to Mizuki licking my face.

I lightly pushed her away and looked at the calendar to see what day it was. A week had passed and now it was time for the Chunin Exams to start and if I was being honest, that made me really nervous.

Minato told me to meet him and the others on the training ground because he wanted us to do some last minute training, so I went there.

Kushina came out, looking a little sleepy.

"Good luck Hana and wish your team good luck for me too!" She said.

When I got to the training ground, Kakashi was able to tell that something was bothering me, but he didn't ask about it. I didn't want to talk about how terribly Rentaro and Yukio had affected my pride and strength.

"Minato-Sensei?" Rin asks as we finished our training.

"Yes?"

"I hear ninjas from all over the country will be here, is that true?"

"It is," Minato answers. "Only a few people are picked though, because you have to be recommended by your sensei and approved by the Kage."

"I'm so excited for this! I can't wait to become a chunin!" Obito beamed.

"Me too, I can't wait to be one," I agreed. If I can, that is.

Minato told us to just register on our own and that we'd be free afterward, so the four of us went to the academy. It was weird being back here again.

I was surprised to see how many different people were here and what villages they were from.

I scanned the room and then decided to sort my weapons in my pouch while we waited in line. My eyes landed on one person and I growled, dropping my weapon pouch. The noise caused a few people to look over here.

My team looked at me in confusion as I continued to glare.

"Nozomi," I hissed.

She turned around smirking at me.

"Oh, hey, Hana," She spoke, with a fake cheery voice.

My teammates were tense seeing her here.

"Looks like you need help there," She sneered in that fake and cheery voice.

She knelt down to pick them up and she handed them over to me. I glared at her the whole time and took them back passive-aggressively, shoving them back in my pouch. I didn't care if they weren't sorted out anymore.

"I don't need your help, thanks," I scoffed.

"I'm just trying to help," She smirked. "Oh and when we fight, I'll crush you like a bug. I'll make sure that you're my opponent too, Hana,"

She turned around to leave with two other people I didn't know.

I stood there, boiling with rage. God I wanted to wipe that smirk off her face so bad.

"Hana, calm down. She's just trying to get under your skin," Kakashi said to me.

"Yeah well she's doing a good job at getting under my skin," I retorted. "And she thinks she can beat me? I'll lay her flat on the ground before she could land a scratch on me,"

Kakashi sighed.

"Keep your voice down, people can hear you," Kakashi said.

"I don't care if they can hear me!" I retorted again, making Kakashi sigh.

He didn't acknowledge what I said and the line moved up. I could hear Anko's voice yelling at some guy who was named Hayate or something like that. Finally, it was our turn to drop our papers off and we started to leave.