Chapter 17 Memories

I don't know what to say I'm frozen it's shocking I finally force out the words "I I love you too Sapphire" I say she seems surprised but then switches to excited I hug her and lift her off the ground spin around then pull her close I can feel my phone go off but I don't care this is the best day ever the girl of me dreams has just confessed to me that she loves me "I don't know whether this is real or a dream" I kiss her, let go, then check the notification on my phone it's from the news "Brendan Yuki and May Birch have been proven innocent" I read aloud "we're we're" I start crying just from joy "let's get this back to normal" May says I run into the bushes and throw the jacket, sweatpants, and glasses off then put my contact lens in I pull off the gloves then put my shorts and normal jacket on I walk out May goes into the bushes then comes out in her good old red tank top with a black under shirt a red and white bow white shorts with a black under it "it feels so nice to see you in that again" I say "what did I not look good in the blue clothing?"

"N-No of course not you'll look cute in anything"

"aw thanks" she hugs me I don't ever want this to end my ears start to ring I feel light headed everything fades into darkness ugh what happened "what happened?" I ask May runs over to me "Brendan are you okay? Are you hurt?" She asks I'm not hurt wait why is she calling me Brendan WAIT! Why are we in our clothing from before I run into the bushes "Brendan what's going on?" She asks "shh stop we're gonna get arrested"

"huh what do you mean?"

"Look what we're wearing"

"Brendan do you remember anything from today?"

"No"

"well there was some brown Pokémon it was called Beheeyem then you passed out all you need to know is we're innocent"

"yeah of course we are but the media has other things to say"

"no Brendan you don't get it the news said we're innocent even the police did"

"you're serious?"

"Yeah" I jump out and hug her tightly "we did it!" I say resisting the urge to just straight up kiss her "I guess we did" she says but something seems wrong "is everything okay?"

"yeah sorry it's just never mind"

"okay I think I'm gonna go to the league with my disguise over my normal clothing"

"why?"

"Everyone needs to know that Ruby Kogane and Brendan Yuki are the same person and same with you they need to know Sapphire Mishiro and May Birch are the same person"

"okay let's get back to Sootopolis then head to Ever Grande City"

"okay let's g-"

"there they are!" There's probably like thirty Magma grunts "May you ready for our first battle since we got our identity back?" I ask reading a Pokéball "always" she says we send out our Pokémon we try hardest we're down to our last Pokémon I look at May and nod "by the light of our key stones and the light of our mega stones MERGE!" We shout then mega evolve our starter Pokémon I feel the same sensation I hold my leg up "Blaze Kick" I command we try and try to keep or last Pokémon from fainting but May can't keep Swampert up Blaziken is close to fainting "c'mon we can't lose BLAZE KICK" I shout he's hit with a Hydro Pump both me and him fall down to one knee as Blaziken returns to his normal form I'm panting "it's okay you tried your hardest" I return him then stand up to catch my breath "May run" I say looking forward at the last two Pokémon that are there a Vigoroth, and a Machamp "what! Run Brendan no!"

May's POV
"what! Run Brendan no!" I cry out "RUN! GET OUT OF HERE!" He shouts to me "I can't leave you!" I say "May it's me or both of us... Now let at me!" He says holding his arms out Vigoroth slashes at him cut his arm there's blood streaming down his arm he's holding his arm where his elbow is the full palm is red "Brendan stop!" I shout "no if we run Vigoroth will just catch up it's fast you run" he says I can't I start to tear up from seeing the boy I've known for so long taking his own life just to save me the Machamp launches him into the mountainside "STOP PLEASE!" I shout at the grunts they smirk and cut him more he falls on the ground as he tries to stand up wobbling he's punched in the stomach he falls back down he coughs up blood "Brendan" I say to myself wait I know what I can do I run to Fortree and turn on the PC I think of what his password could be I get it and log in I take Kyogre out I run back he's still holding on Machamp chops at him twice I assume it's using dual chop "Dynamic Punch" the grunt says "NO!" I shout a strong punch is thrown at his gut he coughs up a lot of blood then falls "Kyogre!" I shout a blue glow comes from Brendan's bag Kyogre is encased in a blue crystal then an alpha symbol forms on it as it reverts to it's primal form "Origin Pulse!" I command it shoots a blast of water at Machamp "AGAIN!" I'm fumed Vigoroth goes down "now go" I say they run off and return Kyogre I run over to Brendan his heart is racing "c'mon stay with me don't go" I hug him tightly his wounds are severe he's gonna die soon I pull bandages out of my bag I clean the wounds and wrap the bandages around it there's tears in his eyes I wipe them away even my hands are red "Brendan please live I need you" I pull him over and kiss him on the lips it looks like he's loss more then forty percent of his blood there's like two litres of blood on the ground I pull a revive out of his bag and revive Altaria then heal it "Altaria we need to make it to Sootopolis he's in bad shape" I say laying him on top of her I hop on and wrap my arms around him so he doesn't fall we make it there I lay him in the bed "I need you to be okay" I close my eyes I hear a cough "Brendan" I look at him he looks weak "heh I guess this journey's ending early huh?" He asks "no Brendan don't please I need you" I say holding him he keeps coughing he can't breath I give him CPR his throat clears up but he still can't breath I give him mouth to mouth he starts breathing again "Brendan you're okay" I hug him even harder "thanks May I'd be dead if it weren't for you" he says "yeah I hope you know how many times I've saved your life" I say not wanting to let go it hurts that he forgot everything "hey Brendan"