Chapter 11 Winona

"*yawn* what where?" I say opening my eyes "come on Brendan wake up" May says "I'm up I'm up" I say "okay so are you sure you'll be able to beat Winona?" She asks "what do you mean?" I ask confused "well Blaziken and Breloom are weak to flying and they're some of your strongest Pokémon" she says "Winona's Pokémon are Swellow, Pelipper, Skarmory, and Altaria so Armaldo can deal with Swellow, Peliper, and possibly Altaria Blaziken can deal with Skarmory with fire moves and Sealeo can deal with Ataria" I say "wow you have your strategy planned out don't you?" She teases me "heh yeah" I say we walk out I reveal the Kecleon and it runs away I walk in and make my way to the end there's a platform where she's standing "how am I supposed to get up there?" I ask myself when just where I'm standing it opens I start falling when I'm pushed up by a large gust of wind to the platform I land on my chest "ow" I say "oh welcome I suppose you're here for a battle?" She asks me "yeah I am actually" I reply standing up "oh okay then Swellow" she sends it out "Armaldo" I send him out "smack down" it throws rocks up high then hitting Swellow to the ground "aerial ace" it jumps and hits Armaldo for some damage "smack down again" I command it faints it "Pelipper" she sends out the large white and blue pelican Pokémon "smack down" it does the same as it did before "water pulse" she says "dodge it" Armaldo ducks under it "smack down" Pelipper faints "good job come back" I say returning him "Skarmory" she sends out the grey bird Pokémon with sharp blades of steel for wings "Blaziken" I send him out "Blaze kick" it kicks the Skarmory for great damage "aerial ace" it hits Blaziken for massive damage "blaze kick again" Skarmory faints "come back Sealeo go" good thing I found that ice beam TM earlier "Altaria dragon dance" it spins around and boost it's attack and defense "ice beam" Altaria faints "good job Sealeo" I pet her on the head "you still sad about the hat?" I ask her she shakes her head no "good come back" I return Sealeo "well for wining your battle here I award you with the Feather Badge" she hands me it I put it in my badge case "thank you Winona" I say I get out of the gym May's waiting there "and you doubted me" I tease "yay well next we should go to Lilycove city" she says "okay let's go" not much happens on the route well I say that May's Swablu and Trapinch evolved into Altaria and Vibrava "*yawn* Brendan I'm really tired" May says "when did you go to sleep last night?" I ask "three"

"THREE!? W-w-what were you doing!?"

"trai- *yawn* training"

"wait you were training?"

"Yeah" she's super tired it's easy to tell "well what do you want me to do I'll do whatever I can" I say "can you *yawn* carry me?" She asks "eh" I don't know what to say "please I can barley walk?" She asks I shake my head "yeah okay" she jumps onto my back I keep her up through the last five minutes to Lilycove I walk into the Pokémon center "*sigh* could I get a room?" I ask "uh yeah here" she looks at me like I'm some sort Pokémon talking and hands me the key I open the door and slowly lays her down "wha where?" May says waking up "you should get some sleep May I'll just wait here" I say "okay don't leave" she lies down and falls deep asleep in a matter of seconds "wow she fell asleep quickly" I say I sit next to her when it sounds like something bad is happening "no no no" she says in her sleep she shoots up panting "May! What's wrong?" I ask "nightmare t-terrible nightmare" she says shaking out of fear "hey it's okay it wasn't real" I comfort her "thanks Bren" she says "what happened?" I ask "you passed out after using mega evolution in some sort of building with a lot of team aqua grunts and fell into water and drowned" she explains "how do you know I drowned?" I ask hoping that that's where the dream ended so it'll make her feel better "I found your b-b-body" she says shaking even more "oh May I'm so sorry that's that's my fault I showed you that so you remembered it" I lay my hands on her shoulders "May look at me that won't ever happen trust me so if that ever happens remember it's just a dream and never forget that and if it ever does happen I'm sorry but it won't" I assure her "okay Brendan thank you" she lies back down but this time on my lap "do you mind?" She asks "no not at all you ca-" she's already asleep "heh she really is adorable" I say the door opens "hey Bre-" it's Lisia "uhhh"

"uhhh what's going on here?"

"Ahem" I lay her head on the pillow "huh what happened?" May says as she wakes up "*yawn* hey Bren- oh hi Lisia what are you doing here?" May asks "wait Lisia is here did you see?"

"Yeah I did" May blushes "I was tired and I I" May's super embarrassed "anyways what are you doing here?" I ask "I thought I'd pay you two a visit May do you have an Altaria yet?"

"Y-Yeah"

"well I just happen to have a spare Altarianite here and I thought you might want it"

"wait seriously!" May flicks around with excitement "yep catch" she throws it at may she catches it "thank you so much" she says putting it in her bag "heh I better start training a lot all your Pokémon that are capable of mega evolution already can I better train and search for some mega stones" I laugh "hey Lisia could I talk to you for a second?" I ask "sure" we walk outside the door "hey thanks"

"thanks what for?"

"Don't act you've been talking to us a lot more and whatnot is it cause of May's sickness from a while ago"

"fine you caught me I know it was cause stress so I've been talking to you two a lot more so she doesn't get sick again"

"I knew it well thanks and since you said that I hate to admit this but yeah you were right"

"about?"

"You know"

"yeah I do Brendan let me tell you something... She likes you to"

"I'm sure she just thinks of me like an older brother"

"okay you keep telling yourself that I must be going bye"

"bye" I walk back in "what did you have to talk about?" May asks "eh n-n-nothing" I respond "well I'm wide awake let's do something" she jumps up and pulls me out "hey hey slow down" she doesn't we make it to the beach "May I need to catch my breath" I say "okay" she lets go of my hand I fall onto the shore into water "can you help my up?" I ask "okay" she reaches her hand down I pull her into the water "hey now I'm soaked!" She says "haha" I laugh she splashes at me "you've started a war my friend" I send out Sealeo "surf" it uses it May is on the shore with her eyes closed "okay May very funny... May? MAY!" I shout she doesn't open her eyes "no what was I thinking" I start to inch towards her face about to give mouth to mouth hopefully reviving her "ha got...Cha" she says when she notices how close I am "Brendan why are you?"

"I was going to give you well I guess you can tell"

"y-yeah um" we both get up and look away from each other

May's POV
I don't know what to say I'm dumbfounded I'm trying to say something but I can't think of anything I don't know why but since he took care of me when I was sick I've felt weird around him I don't know what it is maybe it's his heroic personality his selflessness or maybe his charming everything his smile is so bright it could be used to light up a cave he's so happy to see me every time well maybe it's cause he's the only human friend I have or do I no no it must just be that he's the first friend I've ever made no one lived in that house for my whole life and he's the first person to ever live there I tried to make friends with the scientist at the lab but every time they'd say the same thing "go away child I don't have time"

"excuse me May what was that?"

"Sorry Brendan I was just speaking my thoughts"

"oh okay no need to apologize"

"wait Brendan did you see that?"

"What?"

"You see that cave over there?"

"Yeah what about it?"

"I just seen a team Aqua grunt surf out of it"

"well then let's go" he grabs my hand my heart flutters "Sealeo into that cave" we make it in