Chapter 4 A Brawl With Brawly

I let out a loud yawn while stretching to see that May is already awake "wow you get up much earlier than me huh"

"maybe if would remember to set an alarm you'd get up earlier" I laugh and put everything on eat breakfast and head out "so what are you planning to do?" I have to take a second to think "I think I'm going to do some training then challenge the gym"

"don't you have to set a time for a battle?" she asks "oh no only Roxanne does that since it's the most challenged gym being the first one so they need order"

"oh okay" after about ten minutes of training someone taps on my shoulder "um excuse me I hope I'm not bothering you cause I see you're training" the woman says while holding something behind her back "oh no it's fine I've got time what do you need?"

"You see I have this Pokémon egg and I don't think I could take care of it so would you take it"

"well I don't know if I should take it but I do know someone who could I can give it to them if you'd like"

"okay here you go" she hands me the egg and leaves "who are you going to give that egg to Brendan?" I let out a slight chuckle "you obviously you take great care of any Pokémon you get so here"

"oh well thanks your judgement was definitely correct"

"oh I know heh" after a while of training I'm facing someone who's very strong "Wailmer rollout"

"TORCHIC" just as it's about to get hit it starts changing into some different form I pull out my Pokédex to see that Torchic is evolving "Combusken huh well I'll try this double kick" it seems to hit Wailmer hard "so how are you going to beat us now" I say with a smirk "rollout" it faints Combusken while launching him directly into my chest "hm not much of a challenge" the man says while returning his Pokémon and walking of "Brendan" May runs over "are you okay!?"

"Everything is spinning" from what I can tell she picks up my Pokéball and returns Combusken then she wraps my arm around her "c'mon you need to lie down" she puts me on the bed at the point I can't tell wether I pass out or fall asleep I wake up to May beside me "are you okay now?" I sit up with my hand on my chest "yeah I'm good" I run my hand through my hair "I'm glad Bren"

"Bren?" I ask "it's short for Brendan" she says with a warm smile "thought so anyways I think it's time I take on the gym" I say as I jump up "haha that's the Brendan I know" I run out to the gym and open the door "can I challenge the gym leader" he says that the gym leader can be challenged I ask if the battle can be watched he points to a door and says that spectators can go down the hall to watch "May you gonna watch the battle?" I ask "yeah I hope you win" she goes through the door and I look forward to see that it's pitch black "hey is your power out or something?" I ask "no that's the challenge you must navigate through the hall before you can challenge Brawly" I nod and walk in after a bit I get the door that goes to the final room I heal Shroomish and Combusken and walk in "I'm Brawly the Dewford town gym leader so you want to challenge me let's see what you're made of Machop show him your strength" he says while throwing a gray Pokémon "let's get that badge Shroomish headbutt" it starts charging at Machop jumping when it's about to impact hitting it with the top of its head "bulk up boost those stats" it starts to tenses its muscles "ha that just sealed your fate you using that was the perfect moment for Shroomish to headbutt again fainting your Machop headbutt" it hits it again but it doesn't faint "what how" I say while my jaw drops "bulk up boost both attack and defence making so headbutt wouldn't faint it now karate chop" it looks like Shroomish barely holds on "alright headbutt" the Machop faints "great job Shroomish come back now Combusken finish this battle" I throw the Pokéball to send out Combusken "Makuhita my ace will defeat you" when a yellow Pokémon with red circles on its checks blue hands and a blue thing on top of its body "arm thrust" he shouts as the Pokémon hitting Combusken five times almost fainting it "peck" it lands a critical hit fainting the Makuhita in one hit "and that is how you win a battle" I say while putting my hands behind my head "as proof of your victory at the Dewford town gym I award you with the knuckle badge" I grab the badge and put it in my case "thanks it was a good battle" I walk out of the gym and wait for May "great job in that battle" we keep talking for a bit when 3 wild Makuhita attack us "May Shroomish is almost fainted and Combusken can barley fight so you have to defeat them" she nods and I run to the Pokémon Center When I come back May defeated the wild Pokémon "hey nice" I yell out "not even one hit on me also" she sends out a blue Pokémon "marsh" it says "my Mudkip evolved into a Mashtomp"

"Both of our starters have evolved and we have another Pokémon care for a battle"

"Sure Pidgey go"

"Combusken ember" it shoots a blast of fire at Pidgey "wing attack" it swings at Combusken for decent damage "again" the same thing happens "we're both low but I'm faster ember" the Pidgey faints "Marshtomp mud shot" Combusken goes down "Shroomish mega drain" it goes down "good battle" I smile "yeah" I look behind me to see a blue round Pokémon with white spots and a cream underside and wearing a hat that is the same as mine I scan it with my Pokédex and in the image it doesn't have the hat when it notices I'm looking at it it jumps in the ocean "by the way Brendan have you checked the genders of your Pokémon" I swear I had a lightbulb over my head "I didn't but thanks for telling me okay so Combusken a boy and Shroomish is a boy" I say while looking at my Pokédex "well how do we get out of Dewford?" May asks "Mr.Briney gave me his phone number" I pull my phone out and call him "hi can you come and bring me and my friend to Slateport okay thank you bye" I hang up and me and May go to the dock and wait when he gets here "hello youngsters" he says while he stops his boat "hi Mr.Briney thanks again for brining us to places here have some Pokéyen" I say while holding my hand out with some money "no I can't take your money you don't have to pay me" he says while shaking his head no "wow thanks again" we get on the boat and a while through the same Pokémon with the hat and all jumps on the boat I'm so startled that I drop one of my empty Pokéballs the Pokémon lets it cry out "Spheal" then it presses the button on the Pokéball and catches it self both me and May look at each other "wow" we both say "how did that Pokémon have the same hat as me it's a Johto exclusive when I bought it they only had one-hundred" I explain "huh that hat almost could be on a Walrein it was way to big for it"

"Walrein?" I ask "oh that Pokémon is a Spheal it's final evolution is Walrein" I pull my hat down as it's about to blow off "oh" May's bow blows of I jump and grab it and hand it to her "thanks" we make it to Slateport city "wanna check out the museum before going to Mauvile city?" I ask "sure" so we go to the museum to hit a roadblock