Chapter 5 Contest Spectacular

We see a ton of team aqua grunts blocking the museum "hey May watch this" I say while smirking "Brendan don't mess with them" May gives me a fierce gaze "hey pirates I seen a Suicune on the beach" they all run by "what's a Suicune?" May asks "water type legendary Pokémon from Johto now shall we go in the museum" we walk in and pay the money when we get to the top floor I seen someone and ask them "hey are you captain Stern?" I ask "yes I'm captain Stern I come here every now and again" when two team aqua grunts come up the stairs "hey it's that brat who lied about Suicune get him also get captain Stern" I pull out a Pokéball "May I could use your help and for you two did you really think a legendary Pokémon from Johto would be in Hoenn geniuses" it was a quick and easy sweep "thank you for helping me here you two have this" he hands both me and May tickets "what are these?" I ask "there tickets so you can ride the S.S. Tidal as many times as you want" he says "thank you sir" I say as we walk down the stairs we go out while I walk towards route 110 I keep walking but May stops "what are you coming" she points towards my left I look to see a crowd of people rushing towards me I just freeze after they run by I'm on the ground May leans over "are you okay?" I get up "yeah" I brush off my shorts and go towards where all those people went I ask someone "what's happening?" they reply "Lisia contest spectacular champion is come to Slateport city" Lisia who's that "HELLOOOO EVERYBODY I'm here in Slateport city to find any people who could be great enough to defeat me and Ali and as we know you can now enter with one or two people you two" she points to me and May "you must be dating you'd be the perfect two to be in a contest spectacular follow me" we follow her into the dressing room May and I go in to change I come out first and I explain a few things to Lisia "me and May aren't dating we're just friends I mean sure she's cute and is just all around great and" I put my hand over my mouth before I say to much "okay I get it lover boy" she says "how do I look" May says after she comes out my jaw drops and Lisia says sarcastically "you got a fever or something Brendan cause your face is red" after she says that May's head jerks towards me "I-I um no yes wow" I shake my head "no I don't have a fever"

"So you were blushing" I stay silent and nod May looks straight into my eyes as a rose red colour forms on her cheeks "ask her out" Lisia whispers in my ear "NO" I jump towards May "no what" I start to panic "th-the contest should start soon" I say "don't feel bad if you lose I'll be competing" she says "but it's doubles who's your partner?" May ask "Wallace"

"Wallace" I say with excitement "you mean the eighth gym leader Wallace?" I ask "yeah me Ali Wallace and Milotic compete all the time"

"Brendan c'mon" she grabs my hand and my heart begins to pound harder it was probably visible "ladies, gentlemen, and all Pokémon welcome to the contest spectacular our first team she's known throughout the region and her teammate is from Spotopolis city he's the master of water type Pokémon please give them a welcome LISIA AND WALLACE" they walk out waving "and the only other team that entered they both come from Littleroot town it's there first contest spectacular so give them a warm welcome BRENDAN AND MAY" we walk down we lose the contest as I expected we get back into our regular clothing and I walk out first to see Lisia "hey you two can keep those outfits in case you want to do a contest again"

"Wow thanks" I say "yeah no problem always down to help someone in contest also here have my number call me when you want my help to ask out May" she says with a smug expression on her face "what ask her out" I don't even hear the curtain open "I already said this before sure she's cute and is just all around great but I'm not falling for May" she laughs "yeah you're not falling for her cause you're already head over heels" she says "NO" she laughs again "look behind you" I turn my head "behind me why oh hi May did you hear any of that?" She nods "oh I um" I run out to the Pokémon Center I hand two of my Pokéballs to the lady at the counter I keep Spheal and send it out "Spheal" I keep my hat over my eyes she sprays water on me "haha hey stop that" I see May through the window in the corner of my eye "thanks Spheal" I return her to her Pokéball pull my hat over my head grab my other two Pokéballs and turn away so only the back of me is visible someone taps me on the shoulder "Bren" May says "ugh you realized" I groan "you wanna put all that stuff at the contest hall behind us" she says pulling my hat up so it's back to where it normally is "really" I say looking up at May "yeah" I let out sigh of relief "thanks let's go to Mauville" I jump up "sure Brendan" we head off to Mauville nothing of interest happens on route 110 "hm wanna check out some stores hey route 118 has somewhere you can swim maybe we could find something at the stores May are you coming or not" I look back and to see May blushing "hey earth to May you there" I wave my hand in front of her face "yeah sorry I was just spacing out let's go" we go through a few stores when we see someone "hey Wally" he looks towards me "oh hey Brendan care for a battle?" he asks "sure why not" I say while readying a Pokéball "wait Brendan I didn't know you had a girlfriend"

"why does everyone think May is my girlfriend" I say "Brendan who's this?" May asks "oh this is Wally I helped catch a Pokémon a while ago"

"oh okay"

"Wally this is my friend May she's my neighbor back in Littleroot" I say while both of us send out a Pokémon him with a Ralts me with Spheal "nice to meet you Wally" May says "you too disarming voice"

"glad I introduced you guys to each other ice ball" in the end I win "good battle Wally" I smile "yeah see you later Brendan" I wave and he goes "May there's a store right here" we don't find anything of interest I train for the battle with Wattson after a bit of training I notice something with Shroomish "huh Shroomish are you okay?" I look at my Pokédex to see that he's evolving it changing into a cream colored Pokémon with a green mushroom top on it's head with red circles and red hands "whoa Breloom" I challenge Wattson and it's a quick battle Breloom hits a mach punch on Magnemite for a one shot Spheal and Voltorb trade ice ball and rollout and Combusken flame charges a few times taking out Magneton and I earn myself the dynamo badge "thanks Wattson"

"No problem youngster" I walk out to see May "so did you get that badge?" She asks "hehheh yep where are we going next" I reply "um there's a research lab in Fallarbor town we should check that out"

"Sure but what do we ask?"

"Heh didn't think that far ahead maybe uh... Mega evolution"

"Yeah let's go" I start to rush towards the north exit when May stops me "shouldn't we get a room at the Pokémon Center first then go tomorrow" I check the time and realize it's almost midnight "oh yeah" we go back and get a room I lie down on the bed and I end up falling asleep with all my clothes on