Chapter 11 - Day of the Great Devourer

Start from the beginning

"Hey, stop it! Listen to yourselves. Is this what Sensei Wu would've wanted? Us fighting? Running and hiding? Giving up?" Kai demanded.

"But he's not here anymore." Lloyd said.

"But his teachings live on." Kai said. "Sensei once told me it's not the size of a Ninja in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the Ninja. All this training, all of these battles we've had with skeletons and Serpentine. We've persevered through so much, we can't just give up now. A Ninja never admits defeat. A Ninja always pick himself up when he is down. Which is exactly what Sensei Wu would want us to do right now."

"But how do we destroy a snake of that magnitude?" Zane asked.

"Yeah, it's not like we have an extra Sacred Flute lying around to charm it. Or wait, haha, how about one of our awesome Dragons? Oh, I forgot. They took off and left us high and dry. Or, hey, what about out Golden Weapons? Which will do nothing against a snake that size. Heh, oh, we are so hooped." Jay chuckled as he slunk to the ground.

"Ah, Jay's right. We would need a weapon so big—"

"—or an idea that's even bigger!" Kai cut Cole off. "Ha! Jay, you're a genius! You thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Probably not, but go ahead."

"There's no time. I'll fill you guys in on the way." Kai began to run.

"Wha—Where are we going?" Jay asked and Kai turned around.

"We're going to destroy that snake once and for all."

The Ninja made it to Ed & Edna's Scrap 'N' Junk.

"Good idea, Kai. If the Devourer likes to consume, this place is a full-on buffet." Cole remarked.

Jay sighed. "Looks like my parents are gone."

"Good, better for us." Kai laid out a blueprint.

"It's so awesome." Jay gasped.

"Zane, you still have a recording of the Sacred Flute in your memory bank?" Kai asked.

"It might've been destroyed earlier, but I have its exact tone recorded and ready for playback." Zane played the flute recording.

"Good. And there should be enough spare parts around here to build this whopper. But we're gonna need to create our biggest Tornado of Creation yet. This is gonna be dangerous and we can't have anyone around." Kai said.

As if on cue, the Postman enters the Junkyard, whistling a tune.

"Ugh. What's he doing here?" Cole complained and he and Kai run up to him.

"Aah! You Ninja are always sneaking around, giving people heart attacks. You're too quiet."

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. But you need to get out of here, now." Kai said.

"Uh, well, now, I too have a job to do, and that's delivering the mail, which I plan to do." He pulled out the Walkers' mail which Jay took.

"Look, dude, my parents aren't even here. You really should be on your way.

"Them, too? Uh, let me guess, are they at the 'Take Back Ninjago' rally too?"

"Uh, 'Take Back Ninjago' rally?" Jay questioned.

"What, you guys haven't heard? Everyone's getting together for a rally in the city. You know, to raise awareness about all the Serpentine problems that have been surfacing lately."

"Whoa, would you look at that. You guys are inspirational." Lloyd laughed.

"Wait a minute, you know what? You guys are right. Wherever you guys are, trouble is always around the corner." As he spoke, the Ninja notice the Devourer approaching and get into battle stances. "I think I'll be leaving now 'cause whatever you guys are up to, I want no part of it." He looked behind him to see the Devourer. "Aah! S-s-snake!"