Chapter 10 - The Rise of the Great Devourer

Start from the beginning

"Uh, but Sensei—" Jay tried.

"Butts are for sitting. And besides, there will come a time when you will have to go on without me."

"Sensei, you're talking crazy. You've been alive for, like, forever." Cole nudged Kai. "Ugh!"

"What he is trying to say is you are like the sunrise. We cannot begin a day without you." Zane said.

"Ah, but even the sun must go down so a new day begins."

Cole huffed. "I don't like metaphors. What are you trying to say? Are you leaving us again?"

"In meditation, my smoke visions have come to an end, and tomorrow, I cannot see. This worries me."

"But it could be a good omen, you know. We destroy the Fangblades, then everything's gravy." Jay said.

"Let's just get rid of them, for good." Sensei said then the Bounty tipped.

They all fell to the side and Sensei held onto a wooden plank as he began to fall.

"Sensei! Hang on. We're coming." Cole ran as Sensei fell. The Ninja catch him and he grabs Sensei. "Unh! You're not going anywhere, old friend."

"Thank you, Cole." Sensei panted.

"Argh! Nya, what's going on?" Kai shouted.

"Ah! Someone or something has overridden the system." Nya shouted.

In the training room, Lloyd managed to escape and uncovered the tape from his mouth. He reached the intercom.

"Pythor's on board!" As his message echoed over the ship, the Ninja look back to find the Anacondrai with the Fangblades in his hands.

"Sorry if I don't lend a hand, but I'm really in a rush. Got this whole Devourer thing going on." Pythor chuckled. "Toodaloo." He laughed and turns to find Lloyd with a Bo staff.

"Where do you think you're going?" Lloyd demanded, a gleam in his eyes that was definitely anger.

"Ah. A little cliché, don't you think?"

"Uh, cliché?" His anger was momentarily replaced by confusion.

"I wouldn't expect a child to understand." Pythor sighed and the anger was back.

"Hey, I've grown up a lot." He attacked him, but Pythor dodges.

"Hm, puny strength, no fundamentals, sloppy footwork. You think you can defeat me?"

"I'm not trying to defeat you. I'm just trying to keep you busy until the cavalry arrives." Nya, in her Samurai Mech, landed and walked up to Pythor. Lloyd kicked him in the face. "Haha, I hit him! That's what you get for hurting my baby sister!"

"Oh, as much as I would like to play with your overgrown toys, I have a ride to catch." He jumped off the Bounty and lands on a Rattlecopter.

"No!"

"So long, suckers!" Pythor waved and flew off.

"Don't let go!" Jay shouted at Kai.

"You think I don't know that?" The Fire Ninja snapped.

The Ninja fall, but Nya caught them.

"Gotcha!"

"I don't think I've ever been more glad to see you."

"Feel the same. Come on, he's getting away." Nya cried.

"Look, there!"

Lucy woke back up and she came back above deck as Lloyd ran toward her.