Chapter 25: Preperations

Start from the beginning

Carter had shut the video off, and Emma came downstairs with another phone on the line. "Honey, it's from Lasky." She said.

The others knew who's the person on the other end of the cell.

"Yes, sir." Carter said. "Uh-huh. I understand." Noble One ended the call and looked at the Team. "We need to talk." The other's sighed in frustration knowing the talk they were about to get. They first reassured their families that they will he back.

"Honey?" Emma called out for Carter.

"I'm sorry babe." Carter apologized kissing her. "It'll be right back. Okay." She nodded to his reply as the rest of them waited to the living room.

15 minutes later

"Bullshit!"

A shout can be heard from the basement as Emile shouted and slammed his fist at the table, the only reason why it didn't snap in two is because of the starlite layer of metal that absorbs his punch kinetic energy.

"Just why Carter?"

Noble Oke sighed as he answered Emile question. "Lasky, is attending an important conference that involves about the attack on Moscow and also the future tech trade were having at the future."

Gideon sighed and speak out. "Look, Carter it's not that I'm complaining about our security team being a bit overkill for this. What I'm worried about is the trip that were going." Gideon said opening a holo map of London. "These are the trips that I hate: last minute out of the planet, and no time to plan."

"Not to mention we are going to London of all places. London." Fred added. "That is far away from Japan and we have little to no preparation on our security forces."

"That's because it's already been selected."

"Who?" Salter asked.

"Us."

"Us?" Chief asked. "Commander, we just celebrated Christmas last night and rescued the missing citizens for the people at the other side of the gate, at least give us a chance to be with our families." Chief said getting a nod of agreement from the team.

Carter sighed as he knew John did made a good point, but the conference needs to happen in order for Lasky to reveal the possible cooperation and trading between the 21st-Century world and their world. "I know. I understand, but the sooner we can end this the better. C'mon orders are orders and you know it."

The others knew their job and they couldn't deny that Noble One is also correct. Maybe it's better for the conference to be finished so they can go back to their family again.

"Alright. We'll do the mission Commander. Let's just hope that this doesn't turn to a full-scale war." Emile said.

"Don't jinx it." Nick said as he opened the holo table. "Let's get to work."

Location: S.A.T.O. Infinity
Time: 1400 Hours
Date: 12/26/2558

Up in space of Falmart was the Infinity and her escort fleet all stationed patrolling the Solar System. Inside of the bridge was Admiral Lasky standing in the holo table watching the progress of the planets inhabitants and the Task Force 141.

Sighing, he he switched the channel to a 21st-Century news channel of the airport attack that happened yesterday on Zakhaev International Airport.

"What you're looking at right now is a very disturbing footage. At 8:30 a.m. Zakhaev International Airport 5 armed men emerged from the elevator and killed many innocent civilians and security officers at the airport."