Chapter-49

The files were stocked without the years mentioned which made it almost impossible to find that particular file. Benjamin, the new officer in the town and the distant nephew of Mr. Gonzalez, helped me look for it. He had found a file of the year and I was almost relieved but that was not the file.

"Do you remember the name of the incident or the place?" Benjamin asked, frowning at the mess that surrounded us.

I raked my hair, tugging them at the ends to remember any more details. The party was somewhere located in a renowned place, somewhere in Hollywood so the highway-

"Highway of Hollywood Hills!" I said, a little too louder than anticipated.

"Okay, try finding the files labelled as 'H', the files are arranged alphabetically," he said with a nod.

I soon got back to searching. I had tried calling Uncle but he wouldn't pick up my call, where was he? I hope he didn't ditch me for some friends. After another hour of futile searching, I checked the time to see it was already four in the afternoon.

We didn't have much time.

We had our flight at midnight and there was no other way to go back after since the weather was bad and unpredictable.

"I think I found it," Benjamin said from behind.

My breath hitched but I took a stride to see the file. I opened the file with shaky hands and read out the contents.

'23rd December, 2016
The accident on the Highways of Hollywood Hills Case:

Suspects- none
Victim:3 (three)- Aaron Robert Saunters, Carol Deborah Saunters and Xander William Benmonte.

Cause of accident: Car accident.

Car information: 6TR J244 and UZM 981.

Death: 2 (two)- Aaron Robert Saunters and Carol Deborah Saunters.

Cause of death: (Aaron Robert Saunters)- Acute internal haemorrhage, organ failure, third degree burn.

(Carol Deborah Saunters)- Head trauma, second degree burn.

Additional information: Xander William Benmonte was suspected to be brain dead before confirmed to be in a coma.

&Analysis of autopsy (Aaron Robbers Saunters and Carol Deborah Saunters ) report not deported

Class code: *HHHC_clsd_snc_N/sspt_finhd*

The tears rolled down my cheeks as I bit my tongue hard to be strong. I couldn't understand what the code was about or report. I was never told about any autopsy.

Why would they perform an autopsy?

Benjamin took the file and read out the contents before turning to me with a pitiful look.

"Why is the report mentioned? And the code...what does it mean?" I choked out the words.

"The case was closed since there was no witness and the report never came back, meaning there was no need of further investigation," he said but frowned at the end.

"They closed the case without completing investigation?"

"See Abby, it's not about the investigation," he said, "Did you or your Uncle ever got the report?"

I shook my head.

"That's the main reason why the case was probably closed. With no suspects or witness and especially no one to look on it, cases like these are closed," he concluded with a tired sigh.

Something was missing but I couldn't figure it out. I read the file again. The report. But they didn't mention the hospital. There was no chance I could look into every hospital for the report.

"Wait a minute," Benjamin said, crouching behind the shelves and digging in the paper cartoons for something.

"What are you looking for?" I asked.

"It should be here- yeah, I found it!" He said standing up and dusting himself.

I noticed a tape in his hand.

"Cases like this usually don't keep a record of the scene but the highway must have had a surveillance camera, this is the recording of that night," he said reaching it out for me.

But I couldn't take it. I didn't wanna see the gruesome image of my parents dying. Of them and William suffering. Not see how William killed them.

"I can't," I said backing but Benjamin held me.

"Abby, I know you are here for a purpose and if you are to walk out of here without seeing this, then you will never know what happened that night," he said in a low but rushed tone.

My mind was gonna blow off and maybe the nightmares wouldn't ever stop but I was ready to take this step.

I had to for my parents. For William, my spirit.

I rose my head determinately and pushed the tape through a player clad in the corner.

But as they said- 'Prepare for the worst.'

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello, hello fellow readers! Just wanted to give you guys a heads up for letting you know that there isn't alot left of this story;) It doesn't have ten more chapters even, so grab onto your seats tightly for the ultimatum.

You never know what is gonna happen*smirks* Stay safe and I love you all<3

Your friendly author,
Zafna