Chapter-44

The world was falling. So was my heart. As soon as he said that, I felt numb. I felt deceived. Betrayed.

How worse could it be? The one who I felt the most close to and grown to be with, actually confessed of killing my parents.

"What did you just say?" I asked not believing.

"The girl's name is Abby, I found her last name is Saunters-"

"Stop! You are saying you killed my parents!?"

"What are you saying? Why would I-" I raised my hand to stop him.

"Don't say a word. You know what's more funny? I wasn't also honest with you!" I said smirking at myself. Now, I knew how he could only see me.

I was the fucking girl he had been looking for.

If I had just told him my name from the first day, I didn't have to see this day. I wouldn't have been close to him and felt so broken. He could have just asked for his stupid apology and be gone. I felt like slapping myself at the thought.

"My name is not just Rose. I am Abigail Rose Saunters, Abby for short," my voice resounded over the neighborhood as the rain receded to a few drips.

I could see the visible change in William's stature. How he went from confused and shaking to completely still and silent. It felt like the world stopped.

I can't even explain the dire feeling and the void I felt in my heart. A choke made its way to my throat as I fell down, feeling defeated.

"Rose-"

"Don't," I warned him. The tears wouldn't stop as I shook. Never knew God could be this cruel.

"Please just go away," I cried out.

"Rose, please, I never knew," he broke down again, we both shaking with unprecedented tears.

"You know how many nights I spent rebuking myself that I should have gone with my parents. So I could have just died with them didn't have to feel so lonely, I didn't have to shed so many tears. To suffer from anxiety attacks! To visit several therapists to stop the nightmares! To make people stop pitying me!"

My throat burned but I couldn't stop shouting. My heart was beating to say he didn't do it intentionally but my mind knew he was the reason of my downfall. He was the one who killed my parents.

"I'm so sorry, Rose, please-"

"Your fucking sorry won't bring back my parents, y-you Spirit!" I said, my chest heaving while my body shook with anger.

"Just leave! And never come back! I hope you burn in hell!" I spat at him.

I sprinted to the opposite side ignoring the pain in my ankle, never looking back. The wind blew past me, burning the salty texture on my face but I never stopped. I just ran away. Ran away from him.

                            ☆☆☆

I ran till my house came in view. It was dark, only the garage's light on to show Uncle's car was in the driveway, meaning he was home. To heck with him. I went in, stomping to make a beeline for my room.

"Abby, how many times have I told you to inform me when you're coming late? I would have ordered for you-"

I went straight to my room blocking his words. Switching on the lights, my breath hitched.

My whole room was decorated in red roses and lavenders with the backyard table in the centre and a candle, which was now a small source of light.

I was in awe seeing the room. Aristotle and Trixie sat on the bed with twinning clothes and jumped up to greet me. Covering my mouth, I stifled the cry that broke out.

This was the surprise he was talking about.

I stumbled against the wall on reaching the table that was full of my favourite sweets. From cupcakes to peeps to pop tarts. Why? What did I do to deserve this?

My knees gave out as I fell on the floor, arms around the bedpost for support. I cried till I ran out of tears. Heaving out in frustration, I rampaged around the room destroying the decorations, breaking the vase and throwing the empty flower pots from my window.

There was a box on the window sill. I huffed out angrily, ready to throw that box but a letter fell out from it.

A letter with indescribable words. A letter from him.