Chapter-35

It was the day I had been waiting for the whole time, fifth of November. The usual Wednesday classes rolled on and came to an end. I had informed William that I would be coming late today since I had to go to the 'parlour' which he seemed to buy easily.

I checked the time again. There was still ten minutes to five. I looked at my backseat to check if I had brought all my needed items.

There was an old club from Uncle's golf collection, a recorder to listen to their conversation and a pepper spray. I don't know why I brought all this but just wanted to be fully prepared.

Suddenly, a car parked a few blocks from mine and I saw Elijah getting out while looking around. I chucked on my cap and sunglasses to conceal myself.

Exactly at five, I saw a familiar Lamborghini pull behind Elijah's car. I knew it was Britney even before she came out of her car. She was in a mini skirt and a crop top with high boot heels. She folded her arms and stood up straight facing Elijah.

I discreetly turned on the recorder and videotaped the scene on my phone to show Mikayla an evidence. An evidence to leave this jerk.

"Why did you leave a note to come here?" Britney asked going straight to the point.

"Look, Britney I want you to stay away from mine and Mikayla's relationship. Don't you open your dirty mouth in front of her."

"Are you serious? Do you really think Mikkie's gonna stay with you after I tell her?" Britney said with an eye roll.

"I fucking dare you to say it to her," Elijah warned her.

"Or what? You gonna call daddy and cry over?" She laughed at him. But I could see Elijah fuming with anger. Her next words were shocking.

"You fucking need to leave Mikayla or else I'm gonna tell her that you got me pregnant."

I gasped not able to stop the surprise from expressing. What the actual hell.

"You're saying as if it was my fault, it takes two to make a baby," Elijah said jabbing his fingers at her.

"Then why are you trying to avoid the responsibility? And why not tell to your dear girlfriend," Britney scoffed.

My head was spinning with all the information and decided that I had seen and heard enough and it was my cue to leave but stopped when I heard Elijah speak in a low but serious tone,

"So you won't get rid of the fucking baby, huh?" Elijah asked casually as if he was asking her to delete his number.

"The fuck?"

"Then I gotta do this," Elijah said before producing a knife from his back as Britney stared at him wide eyed.

Omygod, Elijah turned out be a psychopath. I looked at my options in the backseat. Nothing seemed to be appealing.

My heart was thumping fast as I looked at the scene unfolding. So I did the first thing that came to my mind. I opened up the app on my phone that William had downloaded for me. It played different sounds so I pressed down the sound of siren.

"What the-" Elijah jumped, looking around frantically when they heard it.

"Yeah, that's right you fucking bastard, the police saw you, you're gonna rot in jail," Britney yelled at him.

"I'm gonna kill you."

I was running by the point with my phone and the club in other hand. Elijah pushed Britney to the ground but ran away when he heard the siren approaching.

I turned off the sound and crouched down beside Britney who was struggling to get up.

"Are you okay?" I asked although I knew the answer.

"What are you doing here?" She asked as we got up.

"I will tell you later, let's go now before the psycho returns," I said helping her as we walked to my car and got in.

I confided in her everything from seeing Elijah putting the note to coming here.

"Leave me at my house," Britney said as she stared out the window.

"You sure you don't wanna go to the hospital? You need to check up on your baby-"

"I had a fucking miscarriage last week," she said gritting her teeth.

"Are you okay? Did you tell your parents?" I asked masking the shock from showing on my face.

"None of your business, jus-just stay away," she just stated.

I sighed but drove her to the place she showed. She told me to stop when we came in her neighbourhood.

"You sure you don't want me to drop you at your house?"

"No, my parents would be suspicious," she said before walking off.

I turned on the indicator to take a U-turn when I heard Britney tapping my window.

"I'm sorry Abby for behaving like this but whatever," Britney spoke as if she had a switch to change moods, "Can we do our Biology project?"

"Yeah, sure," I said.

"Cool, see you at school then."

With that she walked away without looking back. But I saw her staggering a bit.

Why was she going through this alone?

                           ☆☆☆

I went into my room and saw William jolt up with Aristotle, seeing me.

"Oh my god, Rose, where were you?"

"Sorry, got a little late," I said throwing my bag and going into the bathroom to change.

"Why's there blood on your shirt?"

I heard William say before he came to me and stared at me questionably. I looked to see blood stain on my arm and little on my shirt.

"Will, I need to tell you something."

-----------------------------------------------------------

*Smirking* What did you guys think of this chapter? Don't hesitate to share your hate for Elijah or....me.

Your friendly author,
Zafna