Chapter-38

Aristotle and Trixie were found in our neighbour's house. The very neighbour who had helped us with the boxes on the first day.

William told me that the guy wouldn't leave the buddies alone so that he could go and bring them back. So here I was, standing in front of my neighbour's door ringing the bell, which had a rather obscure sound.

"Oh, hey there!" Troy said merrily as if he didn't know why I was here. Well he didn't know that I knew. He was a lean guy who wore glasses twice the size of his, resulting in making him look like the total nerdy-next-door guy.

"Did you see a dog and a cat around?" A golden retriever and a greyish Scottish fold," I asked him even though I knew.

"Oh yeah, I was wondering when you will come by to take them, they wouldn't leave the house," Troy said, laughing some what nervously.

"Liar, you wouldn't open the gate for them," William spoke, irritated at the guy's behaviour. Right then, Trixie and Aristotle ran out of the house to our backyard.

Someone was caught lying.

"Would you like to come inside? I was making coffee-" Troy started.

"Oh no, she's taken," William said beside me. I would have laughed at him if I were in my room.

"That's very kind of you, but my Aunt is waiting for me and she's really worried for her babies so I better go."

William was already tugging me back while Troy just stood there with a frown.

"See you around then!" He shot out as we walked back to my house while I threw a weird wave.

"God, the nerve of that guy," William huffed out while I laughed seeing him.

"Why are you getting jealous?"

"That guy was completely hitting you on to go on a date with him, what do you expect me to be?"

"Don't you trust me?" I asked containing my laughter for the moment.

"Why wouldn't I? I just don't trust that guy, that weirdo," he sighed.

"You look so cute when you're jealous," I said pinching his cheeks, "At least I don't have to worry about any girls eyeing you."

William swatted my hands away and stared at me as if I had grown two horns while I continued to laugh at him.

"Let's go to the park and walk around to get the steam off you," I said still chuckling.

"Oh no, more guys get to see your cute ass, we're not going," William said turning to go to the house.

I just pulled him with me and made our way to the park although William wouldn't stop being an alpha male.

The park was quiet, with the birds chirping and squirrels running off with their sacred nuts. There was practically no one around which eased William and he went back to his normal, calm form.

"How many girlfriends did you have before?" I asked him.

"Why all of a sudden?" William inquired looking down at me with his eyebrows shot up.

"Curious, I suppose," I shrugged although I wanted to know if Britney was one of them.

"A lot I would say, but never a serious one. One was quite serious but the girl admitted she was bisexual and liked my ex-girlfriend," he said shrugging while I gaped at him.

Well, Britney isn't bisexual as far as I know, so my mind was at ease. Then again, William wouldn't have dated anyone that young.

"Loser," I muttered but caught him narrowing his eyes at me but I quickly strutted off to a van that was selling cotton candy.

"Two please."

"That would be four bucks and twenty cents," the man said handing me two sticks with strawberry flavoured cotton candy.

We ambled to a bench and sat down to eat. William tore from one and ate softly. I prepared to tear my one but William nudged me to look behind.

There was a small girl standing with her thumb in her mouth, eyeing the cotton candy. I turned to face William and he nodded patting on the unopened packet. I gave him a small smile and walked towards the little girl.

"Thamk ku," the girl gave me a small hug taking the cotton candy, and then ran away to the playground where I saw her sharing it among her friends.

"Aren't you kind and observant," I said plopping on the bench.

"Well, sharing is caring," he said, proceeding on tearing a bit and placing in front of my mouth.

I took the sweet, my tongue licking a bit on his finger accidentally. I looked at him to see a reaction but I saw him licking the finger.

"What the-?"

"Hmm, what?" He asked looking around thinking I saw something else.

"You just licked the finger you fed me from," I said.

"So?" He frowned but laughed at me.

"Well, nothing," I stated looking around.

William just scooted closer to see and kissed my neck.

"Well, you taste minty."

I looked at him before kissing him on the lips. He kissed me back, pushing his tongue and exploring my mouth. Well, he tasted sweet.

"Will, stop, people will think I'm crazy," I said smiling against his lips.

"Well, aren't you crazy for me," he chuckled and continued kissing me.

Well I was, and loved being crazy for him.

Maybe I loved him.