Chapter 58- back from the dead

Song

Take me away

By; Scotty sire

Maddi's Pov-

JJ's arm is wrapped tightly around my waist. My back pressed against his chest. I stir slightly opening my eyes. I hear JJ groan before yawning. I turn over still under his arm to face him. His eyes flicker open. A smile erupts on his face and his eyes light up when he sees me.

"Good morning" I say softly. A wide smile on my face. If I could wake up to him like this every morning I would live a happy life.

"Morning beautiful" his voice is raspy and deep. I lean in a peck his lips before pulling apart.

"We should get up" I sigh. JJ groans and pulls me closer leaning his head into my neck.

"I don't wanna" his voice vibrates against my neck. I lightly chuckle kissing the top of his head.

"Come on love birds lets get this show on the road!" I look up to see Topper leaning against the doorframe smiling at us. "We got to go get that car"

"Fine" I push JJ off of me and roll over him climbing out of bed.

I quickly get ready for the day. I put on a black cropped cami with some blue jean shorts and one of JJ's red flannels. I pull half of my hair up into a messy bun leaving the other half down and two hairs in the front to frame my face. I go into the bathroom and brush my teeth quickly when I hear Charlie walk through the front door.

"Morning Charlie" I say walking into the foyer where he just walked in.

"Morning" he replies tired. His eyes droop, his hair messy on his head.

"Tired?" I retort

"Mhm" he mumbles.

"Well we're headed out so you can get some rest" I smile at him patting his shoulder. He nods and walks back to his room. As we go to leave I feel my neck realizing the locket wasn't around it like it has been

~

Getting the car was easy with the help of our fake ID's. We all pile into a Jeep that we chose from the car rental place. The streets were crowded making it hard to drive. Bumper to bumper traffic made it take even longer to get to the address that the lady gave us yesterday.

When we arrive we pull off onto the side of the road where multiple other cars are parked. We walk down the sidewalk passing a little park with a gazebo.

"Okay so how are we gonna go about this? Are we just going to walk in and say 'hey heard you were looking for the gold' because I feel like that might be a little risky" Topper deadpans.

"We could do a little bad cop good cop action" I joke nudging Toppers shoulder.

"Great idea Maddi" Pope says sarcastically.

"Hey I was just spitballing" I raise my hands up in defense. Once we past the park we approach a big apartment building. When we walk in there's a front desk with a man sitting behind it.

"Hi yes Um we need to get upstairs" I say sweetly. The man looks up from his news paper looking unamused.

"Sure thing" he says sarcastically with a fake smile. I scoff at his attitude and get ready to say something when JJ places a hand on my lower back to calm me.

"He's not worth it" he whispers. The man clicks a button making a buzzer go off and the door unlock. We all walk through the door and up the stairs.