Chapter 25- The cats*ss

Song-

All the kids are depressed

By; Jeremy Zucker

Maddi's pov-

After my run in with Topper I decided to head home. I grabbed my board and started my walk home. When I was walking a saw a familar van drive past me. It came to a stop before backing up. The window rolled down to reveal Pope and Kie.

"Hey mads need a ride" Pope spoke softly. I nodded before climbing in the back. We drove back to the chatuea and got out of the car. Kie and Pope were going over the plan for tomorrow. I set my board against the house when lights come on. There were christmas lights hung around the trees leading to the backyard. 

"what the hell" Kie said as we all looked at eachother before walking into the backyard. JJ was sitting there in a freaking hotub?!  He had a bottle of champagne in his hand.

"You guys should get in immediately" JJ slurred clearly drunk.

"JJ what did you do?" Kie asked in shock. I just stood there and watched.  I wanted to be mad. Mad that he bought a hottub. Mad that I told him I loved him and he blew me off. Mad the he robbed a drug dealer, but I couldn't. I can't. When I look at him I can see through his smile. He's hurting, I can tell.

"Where did you get the money for this" Pope asks. Oh no

"Did you spend the money JJ?" I asked softly. JJ looked at me and nodded innocently. Pope's eyes widden.

"How much was this!" Pope questions. 

"Umm the hottub, light, generator and the instant shipping" JJ adds everything up on his fingert then shrugs "Pretty much all of it"

"All of it!" Kie shouts.

"You could've pain for restitution" Pope shouts.

"Or given it to any charity" Kie adds.

"Or helped us with supplies" Pope says again. I bite my lower lip while looking at JJ. 

"Okay well I didn't do that!" JJ shouts while standing up. When he stands up he reveals bruises all over his torso. I gasp looking at the purple marks all over his body. 

"JJ" I whisper out

"I got a hottub for my friends, you know what screw-screw friend I got a hottub for my family" JJ looks over to me with sad eyes. "For my girlfriend"

"Wha-" Pope starts but JJ interupts him.

"Enough with this emotinal sh*t get in the cat's *ass" JJ smiles while taking a sip out of the champagne bottle.

"The what?" Kie asks. Tears start to fill my eyes but I hold them in for JJ.

"The cats *ss that's what I named her" JJ tells us. 

"Oh and check this out, disco mode!" JJ pushes a button and disco lights turn on.

"JJ wha-" I start to say but he cuts me off again.

"look Maddi, it's fine, I'm fine" JJ says but his smile falters for a minute and his voice cracks. "I mean it's sweet right all of this"

He gestures around him but I ignore it. I walk over to the hottub not caring that I have clothes on. When I climb in I wrap my arms around him. JJ freezes before wrapping his arms around me.

"I just- I couldn't take him anymore" JJ cries into my chest, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Shhh it's okay, I'm here" I whisper running my hands through his hair as I hold him.